VW Beetle Forum banner
121 - 138 of 138 Posts
Pulgamovil said:
Well the beetle is unestable over 120 MPH wing or not, spoiler or not........(you can see it in the last photo in the right side where the brake center signal is you can see faintly the painting and the work done to fix it, weirdly enough if you see it on sun lught or inperson is invisible but on photos with flash the diference in the clear coat stands out.....
Wow, I see what you mean on your hatch, and the void created back there at speed makes sense. Hmmm. I guess I'd best keep it under 120 then. <pout> ;) While I don't think I'd have been tempted to push the Beetle to the rev limiter as I did with the TT (143 mph was an unbelievable blast!) I may very well have tried to go for more than 120 - so it's a good thing we talked about this. LOL

I shall behave, then. When you're racing your Beetle, do you disengage the auto spoiler then?

Thanks, this is really interesting.
Nancy

Discussion starter · #122 ·
nansaidh said:
Wow, I see what you mean on your hatch, and the void created back there at speed makes sense. Hmmm. I guess I'd best keep it under 120 then. <pout> ;) While I don't think I'd have been tempted to push the Beetle to the rev limiter as I did with the TT (143 mph was an unbelievable blast!) I may very well have tried to go for more than 120 - so it's a good thing we talked about this. LOL

I shall behave, then. When you're racing your Beetle, do you disengage the auto spoiler then?

Thanks, this is really interesting.
Nancy

The first time I did not and the second I did !!! but the darn car still flutters (the back part moves slowly one side and then to the other in like 1 sec then to the other in another second...

yep, the Bug is def. not a high speed cruiser (well at 100 to 105 it behaves perfectly .... :D

Pulgamovil said:
Nope I will paint the section they had to operate to install the TT flap, the part is really beautiful, all aluminium and guess what? It works with the Beetle Stock mechanism to open the gas door!!!
:goodjob:

Pulgamovil said:
Well the beetle is unestable over 120 MPH wing or not, spoiler or not.

The problem is that the rapid falling hatch creates a lot of vacuum in the lower part and basically you have to fill it or to put down force on it to "PLANT" the car down. Real RSI Beetles have a difusser on the top that makes the air FILL the void and aim that screatm of air towards a HUGE wing spoiler, if you put the spoiler on a regular New Beetle and hit 110 the down force WILL bend the hatch! LOL... The original VAG spoiler for races comes with a steel brace to spread the down force on the hatch...
In My case I have driven my bug over 120mph 4 times and it flutters badly over 135 mph, the noise is deafening and yes the OLD spoiler I had got bent and the hatch GOT BENT!!

(you can see it in the last photo in the right side where the brake center signal is you can see faintly the painting and the work done to fix it, weirdly enough if you see it on sun lught or inperson is invisible but on photos with flash the diference in the clear coat stands out.....
Interesting...

Discussion starter · #126 ·
Its the bernt gauge pod I bought in T.V.A. (in Los angeles)

Discussion starter · #127 ·
MY GAS TANK is DONE!

I finally installed it and it looks awesome, a lot of trouble to adapt it, but the mechanism is th e same so no changes there....

Attachments

Discussion starter · #131 ·
I copied B rific Bug, I saw the TTt gas door and CHA CHING $$$$$ I had to have it....
The trouble is adapting and "fixing" the original square gas door, but the guy that did it is a pro en even made a base withe screws and the exact form of the part.
The instalaton of the part itself its very easy since its completelly compatible with the bug stock cable....

Thanks a lot...and NOW WHAT? heheh I ll get bored?

motor trouble

Hi im wanting HELP! my name is chrisite and i live just off australia on an island, i own a green 2.0 vw beetle, with full body kit 19inch wheels, sports exhaust,etc.........but im having some trouble with a light that keeps coming up saying"check exhaust transmission" I had it checked out by a mechanic, and computer tested which came up "running to lean"?????? Im worried cos there isnt anyone around here who really knows what they are doing or looking at.......i live far away form a vw company and find it hard to trust a mechanic who knows what they are talking about? I love my car, and find it very frustrating cos i dont know much about the mecanical side of things? You may not be able to help me, but thought id give it a go? do you know what i can do to make my car run better, as it came back with "running to lean?" and this light, Exhaust transmission? i feel that if i had more information it might help me get the right service needed? oh, its so frustrating........By the way your car looks awsome! looks great!

Pulgamovil said:
The roof spoiler of my car is for the sunroof I bought in california ($79) if I remember well, I gets rid of the noise poping noise when the sun roof is open.

If you are refering to the spoiler back on the car top, its the Beetle RSI rear spoiler it can be bought in germany and the UK for aroung 125 usd$.

The rims of the OMG Bettle of the pict are Audi A8 19inch wheels, very popular for beetles in europe.
Where can the upper spoiler be found at that price?

Discussion starter · #136 ·
Next week Ill put some, new stuff on th e BUG, this past year has been troublesome for it (transmission broke and had to change my ECS brakes because I simply wore them out.... keep you posted..!

Next week Ill put some, new stuff on th e BUG, this past year has been troublesome for it (transmission broke and had to change my ECS brakes because I simply wore them out.... keep you posted..!
i hate you so much!!! lol jk your bug is amazing!!!

Im shocked and amazed

Im kinda bummed I just NOW stumbled upon this build.
You've done a fantastic job on your beetle!
If I still had my 2002, I'd be copying YOURS, for sure. Or at the very least utilizing it for mod process.
It looks fantastic! Great job.

On another note......my 2013 handles very well over 134+, and was still showing 6.4 mpg. LOL...…

Keep up the fantastic work!!!

121 - 138 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.