VW Beetle Forum banner

Pulgamovil´s NB 2002 Turbo Sport

31K views 137 replies 43 participants last post by  drag79stang 
#1 ·
Well to complete this NEw forum Ill post My Bug... hope you like it..

Ill put a "last" photo here since nexr week it will go surgery (yet again) for a cup bumper, a large Front intercooler, all Samco Hoses and maybe a K04 good for 255 hp at the wheels....

INFO
Vehicle Information
Year-2002
Make-VW
Model-New Beetle
Mileage-27500 –50k km
Original Color-Silver reflex
Current Color-Silver reflex
Engine- 1.8 Turbo 20v AVW

Engine Modifications- APR 93 oct with 3 programs, high flow kn filter, Samco RED turbo inlet and lower pipe. SMIC, oil cooler, n75j, forge 007, maf with no plastic screens, silicone hoses. Apexi Turbo timer, functional Hood Scoop for turbo and manifold cooling.

Exhaust Modifications-APR down pipe, and Remus cat back

Transmission Modifications-None

Suspension Modifications-Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, 7mm wheel spacers, silicon mount in all the suspension, ECS motor mounts, mount silicon. Neuspeed, upper aluminium stress bar, lower front and rear sway bars (red). Painted engine cover.

Brake Modifications-Autotech stage III brakes, steel lines and painted calipers

Wheels and Tires- Michellin sport 1 235 40x17 mounted on Mille mIglia Evo 5 with German VW emblems For Track USe, 18X9.5 OZ superturismos RSI original Wheels for normal use with goodyear F1 Tires 235X40X18

Exterior/Body Modifications- Wingz west front spoiler and rear spoilers, Bernt upper front spoiler. Spoiler for the sunroof, aluminium front grille, Philips 50 watt HID at 4200 kelvins, clear euro driving light all around, Euro emblems (blue front and rear), Front and rear mud guards, clear lexan fog light covers, clear rear taillights aluminium short antenna and rearview mirror side blinkers. Modified and Painted Altezzas G2 with changed bulbs. Caractere side skirts.

Interior Modifications-Bicolor leather seats (like Turbo S)
Painted interior to match the exterior paint, land speed dash covers, aluminium kit for handles, 3 gauge carbon fiber pod made by Bernt with autometer gauges with led illumination, White dash illumination with fluorecent display, Nb convertible center console, Autodim rearview mirror, dual color leather covered steering wheel, center switch for rear electric spoiler, I pod conection, TT rest pedals and Phaeton aluminium pedals, TT vents on the dash and turbo timer.

Audio/Video/I.C.E. It has a monsoon Radio and it works quite well, so I just added a Sony MP3 10 disc cd player and put the controller in the roof, and changed all speakers for Infinity components and a Basslink powered Subwoofer at the trunk.

Mods on the way, cup front bumper, FMIC, K04 and Unitronic software....

Ill post pictures of the details later

Attachments

See less See more
#52 ·
Today I installed the whole front bumper and the FMIC and cables and such.
Also I have finished the install of the turn lights in the RSI bumper.

Tomorroy Ill poke a hole in the RSI Front fender since it has no hole where the hood release goes, remember my kit is the RACE kit so it doesn have any hood release since the hood is kept in place by pins! (luck has it that my kit was a virgin and did not have any HOLES IN IT!.

I just put it over and it looks FREAKING awesome, Ill put the pics tomorrow Morning, since th e whole ordeal has been a real PITA, but I guess it will be worth it!!:rolleyes:

Ill keep my fog lights but will install them behind the side grilles so they will be only visible if I turn them on, I did not want to ruin the "stock RSI" look and also did not want to loose my Fogs either.

This is exactly the kit I am installing and Look it has no provisions for licence plates at all!:

my goal is to finish it and put some decals on it to reselmble this photoshopped BUG check it has my rear SMALLER spoiler and some parts of my car....

Attachments

#53 ·
So here it is notice how the new RSI fender does not have the same cut lip as the stock or tha HOLE where the safety release goes.....

Attachments

#54 ·
HEre is my car with the RSI fender On..
The hood is not closed becase if I do Ill never be able to open it again since the hood release is covered by the new front fender.

I dont like how the Front mount intercooler looks, but I cant paint it black since it will loose the cooling ability...:mad:

It looks too shinny because of the flash but I am not crazy about it....

Teh fogs will be behind the side vents, but Ill guess Ill have to paint the fender again since I scratched it a bit...later today Ill install the fogs and the side front wheel covers....

Attachments

#57 ·
I have been very busy, but now I have time at night.....

Here is the progress of the RSI conversion.

My kit is the RACE RSI kit, so it doesnt needs Plates or internal bumper reinforcements and a miriad of parts that the "normal" bug has, so the process has been ANYTHING but smooth, It took me 20 hours to finish the front (admitedly the bussiest part). Luck that I have a front mount intercooler so I wont have to reopen it in the future. I put the fog lights and had to custom mount them in made to order brackets here are some pics:

this one is of the whole thing put on but there is no Intercooler and no front member crossbrace and no crash protections.... if you see closely youll see the lights are not installed just put on...

Attachments

#58 ·
Here is the next.....

as you can see the lights are not installed and a fog light lies on the floor, also you can see my set of tires / Wheels for trak days and auto cross... intercooler and foam fender protections..

look how wide are the side wheel wells...OMG....

Attachments

#59 ·
As I told yuo some parts of the front had to be custom modified.

the gap beetween the front member crash protection was reduced 3/4 of an inch they had to cut it with a plasma welder and reweld it to keep it very sturdy and crash worthy, then they had to make a under the steel new cross bar made of tick iron so the part can withstand a front crash (just in case) and keep a safe bug.

Also some small parts and electrical stuff had to be rewired.....see in the pics how "close" the front member ended with the radiators.... it was a pita fitting the IC there....

See the gap is minimal and the perfect welding..also see my bent and non installed cold air intake

Attachments

#60 ·
Here is the finished product (well just the front.....):D

BTW, In this phto I still had trouble with one of my HID lights that kept shorting, but now its ok, see the bright with leds on the side markers!

Also I KNOW the front licence looks terrible but I put it using a metal bar that is welded to the front metal bumper underneath the front fender so I can take it away easily for shows or in case of a low curb the plaque will hit it first so I wont dent the front of the car!

Next stop... the side skirts and rear to be done this weekend and also installing athe euro plates I bought with parking radar

check it out...

Attachments

#63 ·
Today I installed the sideskirts Bottom part and the rear fenders, Ill try tomorrow to install the new inner rubber wheel liners and the rear lights/reverse lights.

It looks completelly awesome, a real pita to install since the bug has too many screws and tiny parts.....
but so far soo good I hope to finish it by sunday and then take it to detail the kit (minor scratches and to fill very small gaps, all in all I am happy 200%....

Anaconda Ill see the guy who has the molds, and let you know by PM....

HERE IS THE PIC..totally awesome

Attachments

#64 ·
Dude, this is amazing! I really hated how before you had the wheels sticking out because of crazy offset, but with RSI kit your car is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Edit: I read about you not wanting to paint intercooler and you really don't. However, there is another option where you won't lose cooling ability and it's called anodizing. I'm pretty sure you could find a shop that does it. Anodized aluminium also looks really nice!

#66 ·
Today I Installed the sideskirts, I pieced together the rear, I still owe this mod a good 15 hours of work, but so far has been rewarding..Here is a pic with all parts installed sans the door Skirts...that will be done last since the door has a slight curve and the door skirt is flat so I need a lot of dremmel and sanding time to give it the exact curve.....

I hope Ill take the bug to Roswell

Attachments

#67 ·
BTW I did not think of anodizing the FMIC...great IDEA!!!! Ill Look into it...

Attachments

#68 ·
Today I finished it..... sans the small sideskirts wich will be done when all is detailed and done.
Also I had to Disasemble the rear AGAIN because if you see the rear light hole I forgot 2 larg epiedes of polyurethane that go in thre and work as a crash absorbent metarial...so again to remove 40 screws per side (MY HANDS AND FINGERS HURT!), but I finished and intalled the rear lights...tomorrow I have tons of work to do but I hop eI can take it to the street for the firts time and drop it at the muffler shop for the twin exits.... by sept 15 I hope everything will be finished......

P.S. if you see the top of the previous pic, you can see 2 white things over some plants...Those are the darn pieces I forgot!!!

#72 ·
Thanks ! here is one pic when Bugsy had like 3 months in my hands and 3 days ago....

Yeah...dont say it... I am nuts!

Attachments

#75 ·
The rear is done, the twin mufflers (Remus) installed exactly as the original, and I put the rear parking lights inside the body towards the exhaust and they give a a nice red glow.

I put the licence plate in a horrible spot because I went for a ride to check for noises etc, and I did not want any trouble with cops.

tomorrow Ill post some daylight pics....

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.