VW Beetle Forum banner

Pulgamovil´s NB 2002 Turbo Sport

31K views 137 replies 43 participants last post by  drag79stang 
#1 ·
Well to complete this NEw forum Ill post My Bug... hope you like it..

Ill put a "last" photo here since nexr week it will go surgery (yet again) for a cup bumper, a large Front intercooler, all Samco Hoses and maybe a K04 good for 255 hp at the wheels....

INFO
Vehicle Information
Year-2002
Make-VW
Model-New Beetle
Mileage-27500 –50k km
Original Color-Silver reflex
Current Color-Silver reflex
Engine- 1.8 Turbo 20v AVW

Engine Modifications- APR 93 oct with 3 programs, high flow kn filter, Samco RED turbo inlet and lower pipe. SMIC, oil cooler, n75j, forge 007, maf with no plastic screens, silicone hoses. Apexi Turbo timer, functional Hood Scoop for turbo and manifold cooling.

Exhaust Modifications-APR down pipe, and Remus cat back

Transmission Modifications-None

Suspension Modifications-Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, 7mm wheel spacers, silicon mount in all the suspension, ECS motor mounts, mount silicon. Neuspeed, upper aluminium stress bar, lower front and rear sway bars (red). Painted engine cover.

Brake Modifications-Autotech stage III brakes, steel lines and painted calipers

Wheels and Tires- Michellin sport 1 235 40x17 mounted on Mille mIglia Evo 5 with German VW emblems For Track USe, 18X9.5 OZ superturismos RSI original Wheels for normal use with goodyear F1 Tires 235X40X18

Exterior/Body Modifications- Wingz west front spoiler and rear spoilers, Bernt upper front spoiler. Spoiler for the sunroof, aluminium front grille, Philips 50 watt HID at 4200 kelvins, clear euro driving light all around, Euro emblems (blue front and rear), Front and rear mud guards, clear lexan fog light covers, clear rear taillights aluminium short antenna and rearview mirror side blinkers. Modified and Painted Altezzas G2 with changed bulbs. Caractere side skirts.

Interior Modifications-Bicolor leather seats (like Turbo S)
Painted interior to match the exterior paint, land speed dash covers, aluminium kit for handles, 3 gauge carbon fiber pod made by Bernt with autometer gauges with led illumination, White dash illumination with fluorecent display, Nb convertible center console, Autodim rearview mirror, dual color leather covered steering wheel, center switch for rear electric spoiler, I pod conection, TT rest pedals and Phaeton aluminium pedals, TT vents on the dash and turbo timer.

Audio/Video/I.C.E. It has a monsoon Radio and it works quite well, so I just added a Sony MP3 10 disc cd player and put the controller in the roof, and changed all speakers for Infinity components and a Basslink powered Subwoofer at the trunk.

Mods on the way, cup front bumper, FMIC, K04 and Unitronic software....

Ill post pictures of the details later

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#9 ·
When I bought My bug I really wanted a Green one with leather cream colored seats, I wanted to put wood imitation interiors to match but Alas! none could be found and the Dealer gave a a could not refuse price on my Sport GLX so I began moding it right away...

Some of the mods underhood are:

A neuspeed Billet front stress Bar.
A K&n replacement filter.
A samco intake.
A custom hood scoop and I changed the interior liner.
Painted the engine cover.
Put an Oil cooler
a sensor for water, Oil presure, and oil temp. (autometers).
I painted also the front lip and installed Clear corners with HID Xenon by Philips/Hella.

You can see the hood scoop that took forever to make properly because I wanted the
sides of the scoop to mimic the curves of the hood, I did not like the scoops that disect
the hood with straight lines, (round for a reason remember?)

Also I have a wins West front spoiler that will be gone in les than 15 days and chrome rings around the fog lights and silver mesh in the air vent.

Luchas it that the next mod will do nothing to my bernt hood spoiler nor the Euro Emblem.

Attachments

#10 ·
Here is one from the side:

After a lucky event I was able to get genuine RSI OZ superturismos for the Bug
Those are magnesium alloy with a 18X 9.0 and shod with Goodyear F1 tires 235 40 18.

Charactere side skirts, changed the mirror for 2004 standard with working blinkers.

Also I put a roof spoiler because I hated the weird boom boom that the sun roof makes when drivind at 35 to 45 mph.

A small Tt antenna, a Wings west rear spoiler you can see the euro clear corners and the G2 altered altezas.

Luck has it that th eonly accident I have had is one 2 weeks ago when I hit a tire in the track, only a minor scratch that buffed out easily but mug BUG has not been in any kind of accident bending kind.

In the backgound you can see my 17 inch wheels that I use for track events with Michellin Sport 1 tires 235 40 17...... those wheels look incredible on video!!:D

Attachments

#13 ·
Thanks a Lot...

Here are the superturismos with the vented autotech brakes. Originally I wanted Brembos or ECS brakes but Even the original brakes with good pads and vented/slotted discs out brake the tires, and they cool down quite fast so I did not change them, I spent the money on coilovers.

Here you can see the painted calipers but still no coilovers so the car is still high

Attachments

#18 ·
Very nice. Looks like you have some window tinting. Is that a bluish tint? Any info on tint or percentage tinted? New York has some restrictions. If tinted, did you tint above also?

Thanks for tinting info.

Rich/02 Sport,Rflx Slvr,K&N

#20 ·
YEp my tires propute because off the crazy offset 12mm !!! anyhow that will be a problem from the past this Nov 7 when the RSI kit is installed (its wider by 3 inches).

My tires as of now make the car very dirty when rain comes....:mad:

Now the tint in the Bug is 35% all around (well except the windshield).

Attachments

#22 ·
Nope no spacers required, if you see the photo were is parked near a Renault Clio (black) it has my mille miglia 17 rims, the offset is 35mm (same as stock) no spacers NOTHING and it fit perfectly with the Pss9s.
By the way I changed the urethane front suspension for a new set, I destroyed the originals rubber ones in 8 months then I switched to urethane and they lasted 2.5 years, If you take your car to to the track or do Auto cross, be sure to check them, because those parts suffer a lot.

#23 ·
My rims are not stock-they are TSW Kyalami 17X7.5 100/114.3--42c.

They are very very close to stock shock now(too close). So i may need off sets -if so how much of off set will i need.

I did check on the bernt front hood spoiler-how is it installed on hood?

The bernt complete hood looked nice but seem not to have much opening for air but the openings were low on hood. Yours looks even better.

#24 ·
The bernt hood spoiler is attached with 3m double sided tape, I was raelly concerned about it but the part is very light and it fits very well.

Id say youll need a 10 mm H&R spacers just to be on the safe side, since your wheel is more to the inside and the coilover moves with the steering a little.
offset 42 minus 10mm 32 mm ( the stock is 35) youll have a clearance of at least 9 mm.

Be aware that the ride with the Bilsteins is more harsh even in the softest position.

#25 ·
Thanks for info

I am also thinking about the ko4 - would like the stage 3 but i do have automatic trans-the k04 would probably be best for me.

I have about 197 wheel hp & 206 torque. Wonder what hp & torque increase i could expext with k04. Apr dealer is close so i would have them make the change

#26 ·
One of my best buddies has changed his k03S for a k04-020 from pro-imports.com, we havent dinoed it yet willdo next week but Pro imp. claims 250-265 wheel hp, wich by our seat of pants dino is very posible, I cant wait till my bug has it installed. Ill try to post the dino next friday.
There are very intrepid guys bolting 280 to 300whp to their auto transmisions....at 2300USD$ the swap for a broken tranny, I dont think its worth it...:(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.