VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Am I being paged again?
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 New Beetle. Monsoon radio.

I got it out easily using the special tool. I removed the stuck CD easily on my workbench. I should mention that I have plenty of technician experience though not this particular specialty, so there was no blundering around.

Now the hard part. Getting it all back in.

Plugged in OK but I just can't seem to get it all the way back in that space and I don't want to force it.

Everything turns on OK, but it acts like there's no antenna. I assume that's related?

Anyone here can tell me what to do (other than shove it)?

Thank you.

·
1999 GLS 2.0 m/t
189 Posts
Ya gotta kind of get the plugs and wires off to one side. It's a SOB. I've read where people have tied a string to the wires and thread it out the bottom so they could pull the wire while pushing the unit in. Also double check your antenna connections again.

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,639 Posts
Pull the center dash piece out and see if there is a "tab" (not sure what to call it) in the back of the radio slot; mine had one and cut it off; now the radio goes in and out without difficulty.

There is a picture of this "tab" in this Blend Door post [BD DIY 005]; just to the left of the wire harness and somewhat obscured by the blue CD connector.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I typically do not install the screws behind the radio. If you remove the entire center section, you can slide the radio in and then get the wires sorted as you replace the center dash. This also helps should the tabs on the radio get bent, you can remove the radio without the special tools.

·
Am I being paged again?
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in.

Thanks to all who answered. :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts