NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
How does one know such a thing when there is no manufacturer of the part listed, just a photo? May be good. But, my experience with VVW parts is that the OEM parts work well with the car and when I bought cheap parts from China, I got cheap parts form China. Just my opinion. Maybe some others have had better luck. :)

·
Im Just Me
135 Posts
reply on part's

It is simple.YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR .BUY CRAP PART'S FIND YOURSELF ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD GETTING TOWED HOME AND THEN PAY THE OEM PRICE.SO YOU DO THE MATH LOL:rolleyes:

·
Im Just Me
135 Posts
lol!!! no my fat little finger must of hit the cap lock .No what i was trying to say was you get what you pay for.If you in most case's buy something you know is dirt cheap it may not be as good as a oem part.Like buy a dodge neon or buy a benzor vw ect ect witch one is better built .That's all i was trying to say (not yelling) :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wanting to know if someone had handled/or laid eyeballs on the two. The one on eBay is made in Taiwan, and I believe the one the dealer sells is made in Germany. It is possible for an aftermarket item to be equal to the OEM item. For example, would you say an aftermarket radio is junk because it made in Japan or Taiwan. Just looking for some history on the two items.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I suppose ANYTHING is possible. I have only had my NB for 1 1/2 years. So far, my experience has been in using the parts from Germany. I was advised to do that and I have. So far so good. I will say this. In my old school '65 VW Squareback, I tried to save money when I bought it in '94. I bought parts made in Taiwan and Brazil. They were crapola. A VW guy advised me to go with good German parts and pay the higher price. He said I wouldn't be sorry. I followed his advice and I haven't been sorry. Those good German parts are getting harder to find for the old car now, of course. But when I did buy them, I wasn't sorry. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts