NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a set of eyelids for the Beetle, but wanted to ask a quick question.

When installing the eyelids, can I turn them slightly inwards to make it look like the car is pissed off or glaring. I appreciate any tips or info.

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
n2vdubz said:
I've been thinking about getting a set of eyelids for the Beetle, but wanted to ask a quick question.

When installing the eyelids, can I turn them slightly inwards to make it look like the car is pissed off or glaring. I appreciate any tips or info.
i am sure you can. as long as the eyelids follows a seam, i don't see why not.

what kind of eyelids did you get? vinyl, plastic, metal? i have vinyl and love them.

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering my question. I haven't got a set yet, but chances are I'll be buying the plastic GTS eyelids. I have seen some other Beetles with them the way I want, but I just need to figure out what kind they hard, and if it involved any trimming or modifications.

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SMG said:
There are happy and angry versions.

The headlights are oddly-shaped, so I doubt you could turn the eyelids.

SMG
Thats what I figured since the headlights aren't exactly round, more like oval or egg shaped.

Where do I get a set of the "angry version" eyelids?? That's the look I'm going for since I haven't come across any aftermarket headlights for the Beetle yet......

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
n2vdubz said:
Thats what I figured since the headlights aren't exactly round, more like oval or egg shaped.

Where do I get a set of the "angry version" eyelids?? That's the look I'm going for since I haven't come across any aftermarket headlights for the Beetle yet......
ebay has some every now and again. TVA has the "sleepy" kind. i found a guy who does the vinyl ones and they were only $10 shipped, but they are black. might want to do a search on the old .org forums for more information.

·
Finch the BUG LVR!
433 Posts
I have the gts eyelids

I have the GTS eyelids, and I love them! they're hard plastic and fairly easy to put on. Mine are painted the factory colour which ended up costing me more than the eyelids themselves. they fasten on with 2-sided tape and they don't even come off when you go through a car wash! For positioning them place them on (hold them up) with the backing still on the 2-sided tape. then with a pencil mark the starting and ending point on the black rubber around the headlight, this makes it easier to put them on straight without trying to adjust them!

·
Good-bye Curby...
8,727 Posts
SMG said:
The vinyl ones look cheap
i disagree. plus, vinyl are easier to remove and the investment is far less if you decide you don't like them in a year.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
callisto9 said:
i disagree. plus, vinyl are easier to remove and the investment is far less if you decide you don't like them in a year.
Nope, they're held one with double-sided tape, they'd be every bit as easy to remove, if not more so.

You could sell your used eyelids if you decided you didn't like them, rather than having some torn vinyl to throw away.

·
Big Brother of a Beetle
13 Posts
I had the angry eyelids made for my sister's Beetle. They're vinyl and were very reasonably priced. Contact Robert at [email protected] and tell him Jeff C sent ya. He can do pretty much any color you want.

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
au01st said:
I had the angry eyelids made for my sister's Beetle. They're vinyl and were very reasonably priced. Contact Robert at [email protected] and tell him Jeff C sent ya. He can do pretty much any color you want.

Thanks for the info. If I did decide to go with the vinyl eyelids for now, my Fiance' could make them at her sign business. I'll probably just have some cut until I find a set I like.

I appreciate everyones help, thanks alot!:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts