NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James-

I believe Hot Topics is currently set up such that people have to request to join, and you have to approve it. Is this really necessary? Wouldn't just a request to join be good enough (no approval needed)?

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think it'd be fine for anyone to join and post. Of course, if they cause problems they could lose their "membership," but I'd think everyone should get a chance, at least.

·
Super Moderator
14,774 Posts
That is a good idea. Let everyone in, but take rabblerousers out. Lord knows, that will be a full-time job!

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
James-

I believe Hot Topics is currently set up such that people have to request to join, and you have to approve it. Is this really necessary? Wouldn't just a request to join be good enough (no approval needed)?
I dont feel that it is necessary to have to moderate requests to join the Hot Topics, however if we set it to a public group with no group leader, then people can join and leave as they want.

People removed from the group, can easily get back in by just clicking the join group dealio.

If we moderate it, we can attempt to keep people out who have proven to be problematic..

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CrazyJames said:
I dont feel that it is necessary to have to moderate requests to join the Hot Topics, however if we set it to a public group with no group leader, then people can join and leave as they want.

People removed from the group, can easily get back in by just clicking the join group dealio.

If we moderate it, we can attempt to keep people out who have proven to be problematic..
Ahh, okay. That explains it. Sounds good, then.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
Ahh, okay. That explains it. Sounds good, then.
The only problem I have is that currently the functionality to add someone to the group does not work properly.

If you attempt to add them from the UserCP you will run into a SQL error trying to remove the user from the JoinRequest Queue. The user will be added to the group, but left in the queue untill you accept/deny them from the adminCP.

Which means that untill that sql script is looked at/fixed the only people who can add them to the hot-haa group are the administrators.

·
Super Moderator
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CrazyJames said:
The only problem I have is that currently the functionality to add someone to the group does not work properly.

If you attempt to add them from the UserCP you will run into a SQL error trying to remove the user from the JoinRequest Queue. The user will be added to the group, but left in the queue untill you accept/deny them from the adminCP.

Which means that untill that sql script is looked at/fixed the only people who can add them to the hot-haa group are the administrators.
I suspect this is a known bug that will probably be fixed in VB3.5 final (we're on release candidate 3) or 3.5.1. I'll go over to vbulletin.com and make sure it's in the bug list. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. In the meantime, I guess it's fine that only admins can add/remove people.

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Database error in vBulletin 3.5.0 Release Candidate 3:
Invalid SQL:
DELETE FROM usergrouprequest
WHERE usergrouprequestid IN();
MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')
' at line 3
Error Number : 1064
Date : Tuesday, September 13th 2005 @ 08:31:37 AM
Script : http://newbeetle.org/vb3/joinrequests.php
Referrer : http://newbeetle.org/vb3/joinrequest...usergroupid=10
IP Address : 68.145.13.33
Username : CrazyJames
Classname : vb_database
In the event that the full SQL error message helps you ;)

I could take a look at the php and see whats wrong with the sql statement...

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
jcroft said:
Okay, I checked -- it's already in the 3.5 Bug Tracker. So, no need to look at the SQL I don't think. Thanks. :)
Excellent, I cant wait for the ability to easily upgrade/patch ;)

I love the smell of a clean DB in the morning

1 - 11 of 11 Posts