NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!!

Im planning on starting painting some interior parts in my bug! I want to paint them the same color as the outside, so Battik Blue! Is there anyway I can buy some Battik Blue spray paint (dreaming I know)! or what other color could be close to the batik blue?

I went to the part store in my town and found some spray paint that where the same as original paint, but of course I didnt find a batik blue but I found a Toyota Stellar Blue! Do you think that would be close enough?
thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
I don't know if you have an O'reilly's near you, but some of their locations mix paint. You can either get it color matched directly off your car or give them the paint code. I used 2 cans of spray paint they mixed for me when painting mine.

Just noticed you're in Canada haha. I don't think they have them there.

You can order the exact color online too.. I'm not sure where though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks! I'm going in Seattle next week! I'm sure there will be one there! thanks

·
I'm not a dude.
1,230 Posts
Ok Thanks! I'm going in Seattle next week! I'm sure there will be one there! thanks

If they have one its a good option. Personally it would drive me nuts if I got the toyota color and it didn't match :)

Also, if you're doing all the pieces, like the big one surrounding the radio, the one that attaches to that, the tray below it, the speedo cluster piece, and pieces surround the gran bar I'd get 3 cans.. Just realized I used 2 painting all those pieces minus the big radio one. The big piece itself would probably use a whole can after 2 or 3 coats. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill probably buy like 6 cans when I find some :p like that Ill be good for a while if I have touch up to do or if I wreck one part!! Ill check out that side thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Locally here I have a few auto paint supply stores.. maybe Google? I go in, they look up my paint code and mix me some. Pick it up the next day... less than $20 for a spray paint can

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
ElectricHarleyHouseOfLove
1,751 Posts
saw this thread is a month old, but figured i'd throw my 2 cents in, just in case. I got Batik Blue from paintscratch.com.. the overall color was a fairly close match, but it didn't have the "purple reflection" that stock Batik has. For painting on the interior it'd probably be ok, but I wouldn't use it on any body touch-ups. Later, I found a Sherwin Williams automotive paint store locally and found that there's a version of the paint formula (I think they had 3 alternates) with what they called a Red Side Tone.. that gives it the purple reflection in sunlight. I don't know if paintscratch has this option, but if you can't find paint locally, asking them might be a possibility.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts