NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. The other night i decided to pick up an exhaust tip for my NB, not realizing two pipes come off the muffler. Now, i saved my receipt and was going to take it back, but i figured i'd ask first.

Would i have a better shot of buying a second tip? Should i even bother? I mean i know it's just for looks, but that's fine with me. I have a little Bday loot to blow on stuff and it's either strippers, beer, or Beetle. :)

Should the tips be straight? Bent? Help??

I will be here til 4 today EST so hopefully someone can hook a brother up.:D

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I'd take it back, and save your money and buy a REAL exhaust system....like a catback exhaust, or even modify the one you have, and run dual pipes...Check out the old Org. and do a seach on exhaust... tips are ok, but if you want better fuel economy, a different sound, I'd put in a different exhaust systme all together....just my 2 cents.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, but i'm not familiar with alot of things and i can't change stuff like that until after July when the lease ends (will never lease again). Also, while i can't afford to make the car perform better than stock, i can blow some cash to make it pretty.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Then save your money...you want it to look pretty while still under lease? I would wait until the lease is over, then worry about it. right now it's transportation...once the lease is over, then mod all you want and make a killer ride.

There isn't much you can do while leased, especially if there are restrictions to your lease..hence the same reason I haven't done anything to the wife's leased car. I would love to make her car more fuel efficient, but here terms on the lease are very stringent....So, i would save your money. Just think of what you would like to do, and plan for it once the lease is over.:D

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
"pea shooters"

Anyone have experience with the "pea shooter" tips -- the ones that look like the stock air-cooled Beetle exhaust?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts