NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2003 convertible, first year built. My passenger side window switch does not have the auto up or down feature.

I was curious if all convertibles are this way or did somewhere later in production did they add the auto up/down feature for the passenger window switch??

My BMW's have the auto up/down switch for the passenger side and I thought it was strange the VW does not have this feature.

To clarify the auto up/down works fine from the drivers side window switch, its just the switch on the passenger door does not seem to have the detents and auto up/down feature. I was thinking that maybe later years offered a different switch with this feature??

·
Registered
303 Posts
We've owned 3 nB's (99 hardtop, 07 hardtop, and 05 vert) and so far none of them have had the auto up/down feature for the pass side...unfortunately. I have always wondered if it were possible to add the one touch feature but I figure...what else does the passenger have to do but hold a button for a few seconds? :rolleyes:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
My GTI doesn't have it either. But I rarely have passengers, so its not a huge deal.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses.

I know that the BMW switches can be modified with a Dremel tool. There is a plastic stop that is removed.

Good thought about other models that may work or fit as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts