VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm a new member from beautiful Rochester, NY! I am going to be purchasing a 2015 VW Beetle very soon and REALLY want a convertible! It will be a year round vehicle. Considering the snowfall and potential icing we get up here (near Lake Ontario and about 75 miles south of Toronto, Canada) I'm wondering if the weather conditions will pose any problems to the canvas.

I look forward to hearing your advice and experiences!

I'm thrilled I found this forum! Can't wait to get my new car!

Clorinda :)

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I use the BMW Top protectant stuff (you can buy it at any BMW Dealership) and use it every 6 months to protect the canvas top. It will make water bead off of it, like rainX on your windshield. Amazing stuff.

I can say that I hope you have a garage. The windows are frameless and roll up into the rubber seal of the top. They will freeze there. If you don't have a garage, you're going to need to take a hair dryer and go along the weather strip at the bottom of the windows and along the "half moon" window strip AND along the top where the window goes into the top *on both doors* or you'll have lots of other fun issues....ask me how I know.

My 2014 is no where near as good a car in the winter time as my 2003 was. I don't own a garage and don't live in a climate that freeze very often...but last winter I couldn't get the door to open because the window couldn't roll down out of the top.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts