NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003 1.8t GTI donor car available for a potential swap. The price is too good to refuse. My car is a 99 2.0. According to this 1.8t/20v FAQ-Complete Swap Resource!
I will need an AEB ecu and Tbody.
My questions are this:
-Will this ECU be compatible with the 4 pin ignition coils? (I am assuming not)
-Is the AEB ecu just plug and play if I splice the wire harness from the 1.8t to the same inputs as 2.0. Example: Crank position sensor on 1.8t spliced to former 2.0 CKPS wires.
-Will the 2.0 fuel pump be adequate?
Although the entire GTI is available, I'd rather not have to rewire for DBW and go as close to P-N-P as possible. I know about the immobilizer issue and would be sending the ecu out if I use the one from the GTI.:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll answer my own question just in case someone else is pondering this. The AWP will run off AEB engine management, but all sensors, fuel injectors, coils, and tbody have to be from the AEB. Turbo from aeb will need to be used unless thhe ecu is tuned for the larger k03s from the awp. Just leave the vvt unplugged as AEB engines dont have it.
The AEB ecu plugs into the AEG harness, however, wiring needs to be addressed as there are a number of differences between the two systems.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts