NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I'm not sure this R32 kit will fit properly, but on the old forums (http://forums.newbeetle.org) there were some threads about people putting Passat auro wipers on a beetle. You only had to mount the passenger side wiper on our driver side and vice versa. (or something like that).

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
Correct, Basher, the R32 wipers don't fit on the NB. I was the first to experiment with the Passat wiper and they work well. I bent one of the wiper arms by accident and it was causing problems so I removed them. I've since started using the Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades. They're the same aerowiper design but they mount to the standard factory wiper arms.

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Pelican18TQA4 said:
Correct, Basher, the R32 wipers don't fit on the NB. I was the first to experiment with the Passat wiper and they work well. I bent one of the wiper arms by accident and it was causing problems so I removed them. I've since started using the Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades. They're the same aerowiper design but they mount to the standard factory wiper arms.
How well do those Valeos perform? We bought Bosch before, but they wear out and become very loud pretty quickly.

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
r0nd3L said:
How well do those Valeos perform? We bought Bosch before, but they wear out and become very loud pretty quickly.
I have no complaints about their longevity. They easily last the recommended 6 month change interval.

·
Registered
1 Posts
$30 bucks for wipers?! Holy crud, I thought I was getting gyp'd at $15/pair for the Rain-X wipers. BTW, I love the Rain-X, don't try the Michelins (bought'em at Wal-Mart), they suck.

·
dunno513
1,236 Posts
Giving this thread a bump.. and am asking if anyone has used the trico invision blades for winter time use. I need to spend the $$$ on winter blades, and I figured I would sport some extra dough on these if they fit the bill for winter use.

VIP sells them from 12-16 bucks.

I just can't see using the more expensive ones... especially at 60 bucks for the pair + shipping. ouch!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts