NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 2/7 VW debuted the US R32 at the Chicago Auto Show. They also opened up the R32 mini site through which you can begin the ordering process for an R32. (Click here: http://www.5000r32.com/.) The micro site provides general information about the car but is otherwise lacking the details that would satisfy someone exuberant about an R32.

Supposedly, VW invited ex-R32 owners and GTI owners to this site. Of the 5,000 2008 R32s coming to north America, 832 will be available for pre-order. I, however, could not help myself and was not about to be overlooked just because I have a New Beetle instead of an R32 or GTI. Like the Nintendo Wii, part of the lure may be the lack of availability. When the R32 is gone, that's it! It may be another four years until we get something like it.

When you enter your information on the site, you select a dealer through which to complete the order process. After you bring the dealer a deposit check, your order is finalized. Of the 5,000 coming to north America, 832 will be available through pre-order. This first shipment of 832 cars will all be deep blue. They're due sometime in August. After that, grey, red, and white will be available for the feeding frenzy.

The dealer seemed as excited about the car as I was. They only asked me whether I'd prefer all-season or low-profile tires. (I had already told them I wanted navigation. I'm assuming a sunroof is part of the deal.) At least VW isn't giving it a black interior (I hope). I think it is grey.

Attachments

·
Where is home ....
11,013 Posts
Sexah. I drool over the R32 ... while sitting in traffic a red one and I were jacking around ... revving engines. Needless to say mine sounded weaker. HAHA!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts