NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the thread RaceKitty started on the old Forum.

Briefly, she had a co-worker who got a Vapor Blue Bug when they came out, and she completely fell in love. She wanted Cyber Green, but we weren't in a position to buy a new car, so we had to wait a couple of years. On Sept 8, 2002, after getting our Chrysler Concorde out of the shop again:rolleyes:, we cruised to our VW dealer to see when they were getting the Cyber Green Color Concepts While I was talking to the salesman, Aphid called out to RaceKitty:kiss:, so we went and got her.:heart:

I have to admit, I was a bit nonplussed about driving a 'bubble-car', but after some left seat time, I too was smitten. We have a lot of pics on the old thread and need to take some more. Here are a few of our favorites.:)

The September pic from the 2003 NewBeetle.org Calendar.

December 2002 on the Beach near Ponce Inlet, Florida.

Aphid hangin' out with a RARE Cyber Green Type III, Bug-a-Paluza, East Ridge, TN April 2004.

and here's her vanity plate.

The adventure continues, and we should have some new pics later this year.:D

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
Aphid is bee-yoo-tee-ful! :goodjob:

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Amy, Rich, and others who've looked. Aphid is a girly-girl who flirts with other VWs and does not like to be dirty.:D

I can't believe I forgot to link this one from SouthernVolksFest2004. See if you recognize Aphid's playmate.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
I love those seats. I wish I had cool colored seats. Aphid is beautiful! :)

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Baby Got New Shoes!

When someone bumped the Jetta thread, it occured to me that we haven't updated Aphid's thread in a long time.

The OEM Michelin Pilot HX MXM4s are good tires that do everything quite well except serious corner carving :D. When I found out a new set of the Michelins were going to cost close to $1,000, I began researching tires so much RK:kiss: called me a 'tire nerd':p.

To make a long story short, I decided on General Exclaim UHPs. I found them at a local shop for $109/tire installed, and with the alignment we were out the door for $521. Apparently they are selling well because 3 days later, the price went up to $145/each. In 225/45-17, they are still $72/each on Tire Rack, so if you're in the market for 17s, I'd recommend you grab a set of these before the price goes up.

First impressions is that they handle better than the Michelins on dry pavement and are rock solid in rain, and or course frozen stuff is virtually non-existant here in Hot'Lanta. The tread is cool lookings, and in person, the tread doesn't look like 4X4 tires like it kinda' does in the pics on Tire Rack.

Attachments

·
Sloooooooow Down!!!!
899 Posts
This is a beautiful nb-just saw it in person today at the Bug-a-paluza 8 in Chattanooga Tn. Great couple-my wife and I chatted with them and other .org members.

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ivy said:
I love the rims! I've the cyber green color too and these by far are my favorites - can you tell me where I can get those - I like the color "inlay" (not sure the technical term....)
Thanks!
The wheels are called "Take 5", and you might be able to find a set on eBay or VWVortex. They do look neat, but they have 2 significant drawbacks. First, they are hard to keep clean, more than some people want to do. Second, the inserts are quite efficient at trapping brake dust. We remove them several times a year and scrub them. It's a labor of love, but they look so good while they are clean.

At BAP, I saw a Cyber Green Bug with Take 5 wheels, but it wasn't a Color Concept because of the tan interior. I don't know if you can order the wheels or the inserts through a dealer since they are out of production.

Here's the trunk display RK:kiss: set up for Bug-a-Paluza. I think the sign say it all. This evening, I'll get a pick of Aphid and a little something she picked up this past weekend.;)

Red Rider, it was great to meet you & your lovely wife. Thanks for the kind words.:)

Attachments

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's hard to believe that this past week Aphid turned 5 years old! Like Jay once said...they grow up so fast. Here she is hanging out at Bug-a-Paluza back in April.

It's been a while since we posted pics because there's not much new. She did get a new front Euro emblem, but Impex sent the wrong rear one, but we all know what that looks like. She did turn a milestone in May as we returned home from Daytona Beach.:bigglasse

Rumor has it that when we get a REAL car to replace the temporary one, Aphid will be carting me around more often.:D Stay tuned.

·
Aphid is FUN!
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh...then a mile down the road, this happened. :clap:

We've already done the timing belt & water pump, and the only unplanned repairs that have cost us has been the secondary air pump. A few bolts and hoses there and there along with recall and TSB stuff has been done at no charge. It's good to have friends in the service dept.:bigthumb:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts