NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning... Well after 2 years of not owning a Beetle, the wife was wanting another one so we got one. A decent 1998, 5 speed, water pump, timing belt and fuel pump all replaced... Here's my gripe... they put the radiator fan on a toggle switch!! How do I fix this to put it back to the way it should run? I truly dislike not having the fans working as intended. Thanks

·
5/23/10 <3
11,034 Posts
You'll have to look at the wiring really. It will need to be re-wired back to the fan control in the car. Probably had something like a bad fan control module that they decided to bypass.

I'll never understand why people do that. Our '84 Jetta had a toggle on the fan for that reason. It took a lot more effort to run new wires to a toggle switch than to just fix the FCM or whatever is causing the issue. And in our case, whoever did that, didn't pass that information onto following owners. We got the car because it was overheating. The switch was hidden below the dash and was a black switch...just like the rest of the dash. We only found it because we were taking the interior apart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts