NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE HELP!

I can't get my radiator out my 02 vw beetle turbo.
Please help me.
I have removed the front bumper and the fans. But the radiator is not coming out, like something else is holding it. I don't know what.

·
squirreljuice
388 Posts
Follow around the edges. It would be kind of dumb if the radiator was only held in by the hoses, fan shroud and bumper lol. There is probably a brace on one of the sides (in a terrible to get to place, more likely than not) that you may have missed. I seem to also remember some bracketry on the bottom where the grill connects. Maybe there is something down there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the radiator held up by the condensor, I was thinking it was but couldn't find where.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thankz a bunchez, imma try it later and if I have any further questions ill hop back on here.
Thankz for your help, really appreciate it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankz a bunchez, imma try it later and if I have any further questions ill hop back on here.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
They are attached to gether and come out as one piece. You will have to discharge the AC system.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
You sure about that? I'll have to check my Bentley. But I would imagine you can unbolt the radiator from the condenser.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
205 Posts
You can detach the 2 from the front. No need to discharge the AC system. Just make sure you have a 5 gallon bucket with some bricks to support the condenser as it will not be attached to anything. That's why it is suggested to discharge/detach the condenser/ac system. The picture is before I removed the supports and such but I used the same bucket and bricks. Take your time and enjoy. It's a process but easy process.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radiator removal

I have removed the front clip and am in the process of trying to remove the radiator with no luck. The frame that everything sits in is loose. So what exactly do I need to do to get the radiator out without taking the condensor out. I can see all the hoses and electrical connectors need to be removed but what bolts/screws need to be removed and in what order? Do I remove the fans and then begin trying to remove the radiator. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts