VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....I just bought a 2008 New Beetle Convertible this week. I absolutely love it except for one thing....the radio reception is very poor. I am used to getting many more radio stations while driving, than what I'm currently able to pick up on this one. So, first question is....where IS the radio antenna on a 2008 New Beetle Convertible? I've been looking around on the internet, and from what I can tell, perhaps it's part of the windshield? If that's the case, though, could there be something that is not properly connected, therefore the poor reception? When I bought the car, the windshield had a noticeable crack in it, and the dealer said it would replace it. When I take the windshield in for replacement this week, should I inquire if there's some way they can check to make sure the new windshield is properly installed to make sure the radio reception is at an optimum? I really don't know much about the technical side of these things. Maybe this particular car stereo is just not that good. It is the original radio/CD player that came with the car. My previous VW was a 1996 Cabrio that had an exterior "wand-like" antenna that afforded so many more stations. Guess if the radio is a dud, I can just listen to CDs all the time. Thanks for any help/insight anyone can afford.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
If you look across the top of your windshield you will see a small copper wire that travels through the glass. That wire is your antenna on a convertible. Have them check the attachment in the dash where the wire in the windshield connects to the radio connection. They can corrode do to moisture in the under dash area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.