VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
VW Junky
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,is there anyone able to find my radio code if I supplied my Vin?

Anyone able to do so? I've got spare parts to offer,lol,that's about it.

My reason being (Fl Bug,ready yourself:lol:),I broke my sony Xplode HU!!Its been only 4 days since I traded off my (brand new and working) Kenwood hu for a set of drop springs,man,I'm just outta luck the past few weeks.:p

Any help would be wonderful

VWZ9Z7X5049986

·
Registered
867 Posts
If it is the radio that came with the car, it should clear the code itself after a minute or two with the key on. Otherwise check by the spare tire or in with the owner's manual.

·
Registered
326 Posts
stop butchering my name. lol :D

no problem though, glad i could help.
Need radio code help, checked spare tire area/owners manual with no success.

Sent you a PM kaiser, hope you can help.

Here is the info:
-2005 VW Beetle VIN 3VWCK31C65M408523
-Radio VWZ4Z7H5124088

·
5/23/10 <3
11,299 Posts
autostick I assume got his code awhile ago via PM from Kaiser. Note the date on the OP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radio Code

I bought a bug 5 days ago used, and no radio code, Can someone please help me?

VIN=3vwdc21c41m424824
radio=vwz4z7y1070696

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
The radio number is on a sticker on the top of the radio. You have to remove the radio to see it. There are threads on removing a beetle radio here some place. Its not hard but requires removal keys Got mine at wally mart. Stealership is supposed to supply radio code upon vehicle delivery. Neither of mine came with the code. Don't really need it unless you change radio between cars.If you get a donor radio from a junked Vw you need the Vin # from the donor car to get the radio code Original radio will reset to original car if removed If adding after market radio search for K wire thread or your cars diagnostic port will not work correctly,

Sorry for the long response

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all, well I called my local dealership and got my code (0404) which made me happy. Until I tried it. Here's my story and I'm hoping someone that specializes in audio electronics can help me along. So I have removed the monsoon head unit from my '04 beetle and the monsoon amp, speakers, and associated wiring harness from a donor beetle. It's laid out on my kitchen table all hooked up, soldiered and taped, and hooked to a car battery. I also have verified that the amp and speakers are working correctly by swapping the monsoon head unit with a Sony head unit and harness adapter. I get good sound using that setup. My question is this: I want to install this monsoon system in my '63 beetle (the Sony is a better head unit but I like that the monsoon is badged VW and also prefer cassettes in the old bug. The code I was given did not work and I'm wondering (as was the dealer tech that I called back) if the monsoon head isn't recognizing the code because the k-line isn't hooked up to anything. I just hooked it to the dimmer wire and the radio illumination started working so I'm wondering if that is completing that k-line circuit now and perhaps it will work (waiting my 90 minutes or so to try the code again). Also I don't have the alarm wire hooked to anything. Any insight on the k-line/alarm line and anything else I might be missing? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
good evening, I'm Italian.
I read forum. I would like to know if anyone can find the code of my car radio. New beetle Volkswagen
WVZ1Z3W1891949
* 014VWZ1Z3W1891949 0 *

Thanks in advance ))

1 - 20 of 21 Posts