NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radio inop with key works ok by on/off button I think it may broken wiring left door jam need Wiring Diagram for door and radio I have 2000 NB 2000 liter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wiring Daigrams

All I need is wiring diagram for left door and radio because radio does not with Key All ready changed radio same problem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes

yes that the problem circuit, radio will not work with key come on guys I need wiring diagrams for radio and left door

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
It's not quite that easy with VW (Bentley) diagrams. What information are you looking for specifically. It could involve many, many pages, that are linked by clicking on the wire tails. Lacking the program in your computer the diagrams have to be capyured into a file, printed, manually noted as to which page each wire goes, and then scanning it back into a file to post or email.

Even though I have a gig (I guess, 1000MB) of alotted storage space for files and attachments on the Org as a paid member sponser, I put up a lot, and in a year am about 1/4 of the way through that storage. I would rather do things by real world email off the Org. I have a real world Forums email I use for all the Forums I'm on, p/m for it.

There is a micro-switch in the door control module that sends a signal when the door is opened and turns of the radio (by design, it stays on after the ignition is switched off, until the driver's door is opened). If you don't have it posted up, I need your MY to help with the Bentley information.

MORAV

·
No NB Yellow Trifecta :(
5,634 Posts
It's not quite that easy ...

There is a micro-switch in the door control module that sends a signal when the door is opened and turns of the radio (by design, it stays on after the ignition is switched off, until the driver's door is opened). If you don't have it posted up, I need your MY to help with the Bentley information.

MORAV
MORAV, interesting comment, neither of my NBs do what you mentioned. It might be a model year thing, but here is what all mine do...

... radio comes on when the ignition is turned on, regardless if you start the car or not and only shuts off when the key is removed from the ignition. As long as the key is in the ignition, the radio will not turn off; you can open and close the door all you like.

Now pressing the radios on/off switch, does exactly that, on/off and no key or door is required.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
You are absolutely right. I had my NBC and my Vette confused (well they weren't confused, I was). Brain processed wrong information when the Oper wanted the door and radio wiring diagrams and tied the two together as a possible cause of the radio not working being the door wiring. The NB radio operates as you say. It's my Vette where turning off the key does not turn off the radio. It stays on until the driver's door is opened. Going to just delete that part from my post, so as to not give someone the wrong information, also my apologies to the OPer! :)

M.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts