NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, people, asking for opinions now.

Assuming I fried my radio while I was removing it, should I replace it with a similar one (see this on ebay VW NEW BEETLE MONSOON 1998-2010 STEREO RADIO WITH CD/MP3, SATELLITE READY PR-9VG | eBay)

or am I better off buying after market. Keep in mind that I'm not looking for high end sound. If I go after market I'll probably spend about $100 for the unit plus harness stuff. Will I lose some of the Monsoon features by going aftermarket? Never really figured out what Monsoon did after all.

·
Registered
153 Posts
OK, people, asking for opinions now.

Assuming I fried my radio while I was removing it, should I replace it with a similar one (see this on ebay VW NEW BEETLE MONSOON 1998-2010 STEREO RADIO WITH CD/MP3, SATELLITE READY PR-9VG | eBay)

or am I better off buying after market. Keep in mind that I'm not looking for high end sound. If I go after market I'll probably spend about $100 for the unit plus harness stuff. Will I lose some of the Monsoon features by going aftermarket? Never really figured out what Monsoon did after all.
It's a CD Player from the front, any other AUX will be located on the rear meaning you have leads and adapters to fit if you want anything other than CD/Radio.

With after market you have a world of choice that are easy to fit. CD and CD Changers are becoming old hat now and both our vehicles are fitted with head units that have frontal USB. We both have mini USB keys on our key chains so no matter which car we drive, our taste in music goes with us. A good thing considering my GFs taste in music as personally I would like to empty her glovebox, open the window and make the CD collection 'Freeway Frisbies' :)

CD - Get Damaged, Skip and need storage. :(

USB/AUX Nuff Said :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts