NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just bought beetle radio from junkyard but it isn't working. Always show 'safe'. Can anyone help me to solve this problem..

·
5/23/10 <3
10,997 Posts
You'll need the radio code to get it to work. The dealership may be able to get it for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there another way to do it? Because in Malaysia volkswagen market is not very big and it is difficult to find a dealer.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Sometimes the code is written on the back of the radio, on the sticker in the spare tire well or in the back of the owners manual. I believe it’s a 4 digit code.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I just bought beetle radio from junkyard but it isn't working. Always show 'safe'. Can anyone help me to solve this problem.. View attachment 249463
That is the lock screen and comes up anytime the battery is removed. It's a safety feature making the radio inoperable if stolen. The code should be on the back, if you can get it removed. They sell removal tools on Amazon made for specific models/years. YouTube is also great for how to videos on removal and replacement. The Volkswagen dealers won't give the codes out anymore...not sure the reasoning! I took the opportunity to change out my stock radio and inserted a radio/bluetooth receiver in it's place! Good luck to you!

·
phantom302
228 Posts
I replaced Heidi's radio with one out of a 2005 that I bought for parts, I was able to go on the internet and find a site that would that for a fee. $25. i think they provided me with the code. Once you get the code make sure you write it down somewhere because you might need it later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts