VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if I'm might be posting in the wrong subject but recently I installed a new set of struts on my 2006 2.5L beetle I've been towing a little teardrop trailer with for years now but after doing this I noticed my rear end is a little low when the trailer is hooked up and I'd like to know if anyone can suggest a way to raise it up a little bit like installing heavy-duty shocks or Springs or something? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
My daughter's bug (yellow too) had the opposite issue and previous owner had new springs installed on the rear and the car was easily about 2" higher in the rear than it should have been. New springs should fix that. Pretty easy to do too. OR even better lower the front to match. Not as easy or cheap to do tho but much better look.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks I've been doing my homework and found out that Volkswagen beetle convertible Springs are heavier then the springs in a hardtop so I went ahead and ordered convertible Springs which should help with it not sagging when I hook up my teardrop trailer, and if I'm wrong I hope someone will answer this and let me know before I do this job. And these are the one's I'm thinking of ordering Moog Chassis Parts 81611 Moog Replacement Coil Springs | Summit Racing
Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts