VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I love my beetle :) But I have a few things i havent been able to figure out and thought maybe you all could help. I cant figure out how to get the bluetooth to play automatically when i start my car. Im not even sure that its possible but it would suck if it isnt. Also the headlights are being funny, the drivers side is a flat line of light and the passenger is rounded, like i would expect, again, could be completely normal i just think its weird. Any tips or tricks about the 2012 beetle would be greatly appreciated, like i said, i feel like im driving a spaceship hahahahaha

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
now looking for a part name/ number. The grab handles for the rear passengers are broken/missing parts and would like to replace them so my car looks better. Just wondering if anyone has found them.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
I don't believe there is a way to make the bluetooth play automatically. I don't use it enough to say for sure though. I believe you have to select BT-Audio each time after pairing your phone. Don't quote me on that though :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Squeebug!I actually found out that the dealer set up Sirius for me, without telling me, so i have that for 3 months, then i think im just gonna get the cheapest plan because that works way better than the bluetooth. Having it paired to my phone is nice in case i need to make a phone call though.

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
Good deal on the Sirius. I have it through an external dealio that I used in my Explorer before I sold it. I rarely use it though, gotta either start up again or get rid of it. Tired of wasting $10 (a-la-carte package) for nothing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a package that i think is $6 for about 50 channels, and i will listen to quite a few of them, and its totally worth not having to deal with radio/ bluetooth stuffs when i travel. you kind of have to search through the sirius to find it, its like "Sirius Basic"

·
Ooo shiny!
154 Posts
The Gen2 NB (2011-2015+), is supposed to have automatic bluetooth. I have a 2015 and when I turn on the engine, it connects right away. The only time it doesn't work, is if I have something plugged into the jack in the front of the radio.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm, I dont have anything plugged into the radio. It takes a little longer to connect than Delly's stereo did. But it's ok, I think i will just get Sirius because I dont always want to listen to my music haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts