·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rare 2000 APR Stage 3 New Beetle, 1 of 5 built
Miles: 89960
Transmission: 5-speed

Vehicle Description:
This is one of only five Audi Performance and Racing (APR) Stage 3 New Beetles ever built. It is a one-owner, non-smoker car. APR is known for its association with Audi in Germany, as well as for engineering quality and reliability into their Stage 3 kits. APR was chosen because they provide an engineered system that permits the car to be driven daily with complete confidence and no need for the constant "tweeking" that most pieced-together Stage 3 kits require. The car began as a 2000 VW New Beetle GLS 1.8T, Silver Arrow in color. It was purchased new as one of very few lighter-weight, non-sunroof, 1.8 turbo cars in the country, which required my going halfway across the U.S. to get it. A stronger, better flowing, 2002 Golf GTI AWP motor with 3k miles was used as the basis of this Stage 3 build up. Mike Staley at BAR Tuning (authorized APR distributor) did the engine build and setup of the BAR Tuning piggy-back ECU w/91, 93 &104-octane programs (340 max hp). This adaptation of the APR Stage 3 ECU software was only done for the 2000 New Beetle and is not planned for any other New Beetles in the future. The drivetrain has also been upgraded with a limited-slip differential, Stage 3 Kevlar clutch and lightweight flywheel.

This car is an ultimate sleeper. It looks like a cute little unsuspecting Beetle, but will outperform Corvettes. Performance is not limited to the power upgrade. Suspension and brakes have undergone a complete upgrade using the top quality Bilstein/Neuspeed parts listed below. The ride remains firm yet comfortable.

The list below shows that no detail was missed, from the HID headlights, full exhaust upgrade and bodywork additions, to the aggressive wheel/tire combination. In some of the pictures, the front valence has been removed for daily driving. A custom boost gauge mount was developed and inserted in the left side airvent. This car is in excellent mechanical condition, has always been meticulously maintained and never abused. Tires are also in good condition. Oil has been changed every 3k miles with Mobil 1 synthetic. Only 5k miles have been put on the new AWP motor and drivetrain since the Stage 3 upgrade. We have added well over $15,000 in additional parts in developing this New Beetle to this level. Price is $13,000.

Performance Mods:
2002 Golf GTI AWP motor (8k total miles)
APR Tuning Golf Stage III Turbo Kit
BAR Tuning custom piggy-back ECU w/91, 93 &104-octane programs (340 max hp)
Stage III Kevlar Clutch/light flywheel kit
Peloquin limited-slip differential
Forced Performance stainless steel upper & lower intercooler tubes
Hyperboost Diverter Valve
Turbo "S" right front wheelwell liner w/intercooler venting
K&N drop-in filter
APR Tuning 3" stainless downpipe
BAR Tuning 3" performance catalytic converter
ATR 3" stainless cat-back exhaust
Neuspeed Sport springs (1.5" lower) - front/rear
Bilstein Sport struts/shocks
Neuspeed sway bars- front/rear
Zimmerman drilled rotors & Mintex Pads- front/rear
ABD Racing Stainless steel brake lines- front/rear
ABD Racing polyurethane engine mounts & control arm bushings
Diesel Geek short shift kit

Exterior Features & Mods:
6000K HID/Xenon headlights
Clear front and rear marker lenses
Front headlight/turn signal coatings
Fog light acrylic covers- clear
Blacked-out front grill
Old Beetle "meep-meep" horn
Stubby billet antenna
Front lip spoiler
Rear underbody valence
Rear wing (Freedom Design)
Rear Euro red/clear tail lights
Tinted Windows
Wheels - Forza 007 17x 7"
Tires - Kumho 235/40 x 17
H&R rear wheel spacers (8mm) with custom wheel studs

Interior Features & Mods:
Autometer Sport Comp Boost Gauge (30psi/30vac) in custom vent pod
Audi TT pedal pads
ABD Racing dead pedal
ABD Racing floor mats front/rear
ABD Racing trunk mat
ABD Racing stainless door sills
ABD Racing logo center cap on steering wheel
VW 6 disc changer

SEE PICTURES HERE: APR Stage 3 Beetle Pictures

·
Everett Street in May
3,205 Posts
Very nice car, looks like it was done right!!

Where are you located BTW??

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Why are you selling it now, and why so cheap?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in need of a pickup truck and I thought by offering the car at a good price that I could sell it sooner.

·
Super Moderator
8,914 Posts
I know this car well - it is indeed a bad-ass car!

Here are some pics from Roswell 2004...

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
One of five built? By whom? You mean I also have one of the five?...and don't forget GT2437 (mike from Reisterstown, MD) and Blubyu (Also from TX I believe) and Reuben (aka Pittbug from Pittsburgh). Gee! That DOES make five! Surely there must be a couple more lurking out there across the US and Canada??

·
Take 1-2 caps PRN fun
355 Posts
globug01 said:
One of five built? By whom? You mean I also have one of the five?...and don't forget GT2437 (mike from Reisterstown, MD) and Blubyu (Also from TX I believe) and Reuben (aka Pittbug from Pittsburgh). Gee! That DOES make five! Surely there must be a couple more lurking out there across the US and Canada??
Superman too ;) (originally from Toronto, now in Las Vegas)

Check my sig :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts