VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've cleaned up all of the corrosion on my 17" wheel plastic center hubcaps, prepped and want to paint (and clearcoat) them. Silver to match the wheels. Just gonna do the caps right now, but would like to do all 4 wheels sometime in the future.

Does anyone have a reccomdation on rattle-can (spray paint)silver that would match my wheels? Can I buy silver wheel spray paint at a VW dealer? (dealer is possible, but way inconvenient). Thanks! Dave

·
Super Moderator
Cup- 2k New Beetle GLS/ 'Chino- 13 Beetle 2.5
20,869 Posts
DupliColor makes a wheel paint kit, in several colors of grey to sliver, including a clear coat.

The kit will.give you a close enough match to factory. Being that you'll be doing all 4 wheels at least your job will have a uniform color, with a close to OEM look.

All the best on in your project
Make sure you post step by step pics of your project.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
caps

Well so far I haven't taken any photos, but to summarize, The caps were corroded under the clear coat. weird. like white crystals man! I scraped the white corrosion with a knife and did an overall sand up with 220. After it was generally smooth I wiped grey scratch filler over all the pock marks, sanded it smooth and primed. Circular mask over the VW emblem. Right now they are ready for paint then a nice coat of Omni Quick clear for the clear coat. gonna look beautiful. Wheels are a bit more involved...Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts