NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 847 Posts

·
BICHITSFÄZ
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OKAYYYYYY. so! yesterday morning at like 8 am, Ray and I decide we're going to jump on this project for his car. I reallllly want to do this to mine, but I'm not going to do vinyl; I'm just going to get it painted when i get my turboS bumpers...SO! in 36 degree weather... we froze our butts off putting this vinyl on his roof and turn signals, but it turned out sooooo good :]

and Double dubness is so amazing!! lol we can do something to one and if we dont like it we just dont have to do it to the other one :p haha but I love both of these lil changes we made and can't wait till i can do some more to my car <3333

Till then here's some pics that we took of my baby's new baby :p lol and a few of us just having some fun.

·
BICHITSFÄZ
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hahhahaa @buckbeetle :p

the vinyl does look great but I've had my fair share of trying to take that stuff off once its faded... so thats a no go for me. im just gonna get my car resprayed by a friend of mine once i get all the body work done to it (ie: TurboS bumpers, de-badged, etc)

ray knows i envy that he has my look first tho :p

·
Seeuro.com
939 Posts
Wow
can anyone teach me how to do that
amazing
this is not for the faint at heart.

it takes two people. If you know a friend who knows how to do window tint get him to help because it kinda the same process. Imperfections will happen. If you are ocd or own a 2001 or better get it painted. But for the budget ballers like me who want a black roof for $15... go to the sign shop and get 10ft of black and roll it on. You also can get the people who do vinyl wraps to do it for you. just more $$$

vinyl
spray bottle of water
razor
flat plastic straight edge
optimistic friend
scissors
heat gun or hair dryer

·
Registered
257 Posts
You guys really did a great job on it. After a black vert, a white hardtop is my fav. I need one so I can have salt and pepper shakers in my garage! :D

1 - 20 of 847 Posts