NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
STILL Can't Stop the Rock
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while, eh?

Anyway, Matilda, my beloved '00 GLS is hospitalized right now, after her and I bounced off of a guardrail on I-95 after we hit an icey patch. I had the resulting slide almost in control before we ran out of road and hit the rails head-on. By that time, we were only doing about 20, down from 60 or so whaen the sild began. When we hit, Matilda's wheels were filly cocked to the left, so we bounced off, spun a perfect 180°, and damaged the backside, too.

She's NOT toatalled, in fact, I drove her myself to the auto body place, after I used a few rubber bands to secure a dragging fog lamp or two. Airbags never deployed, and she ran like nothing was the matter.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
Welcome back and I hope MAtilda gets well soon!!
:wave3:

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks....I should be able to see her tomorrow, after Progressive Man and I go at it. I felt like I was "cheating" when I wasn't sure if she'd make it and I looked at a blue '01 GLX on a lot near my home.

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bananarama said:
Not cheating....you just tell her to "recover" and not worry about it...it's ok to look, just dont touch!:D

too late.;)

"Blue" will make a great mate for someone else...she's a heck of a ride.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Sounds like me at the dealer when i got my car serviced last week. I was looking at the used bugs on the lots. bunches of 1.8t's, and a vert or two. It was as if my girl(the bug) had gone to the restroom (garage) and i was talking up some other chicks.

I'm such a s l u t.

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Kickaroo, I'm relieved to hear that you are OK! I hope Matilda is home soon..... :(

That ice is the devil! Problematic here too. :(

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NEWS FLASH!

Matilda scheduled to be released from hospital by Saturday! No pictures of her injuries were available, but I plan on having my trusty digital ready to go when I see her again.

Thnaks f=to everyone for their mesages. I appreciate it, and Matilida promises not to stray onto the icy painted stripe ever again.

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok...after 6 additoinal days (see the BITE ME thread)...today is the day. Matilda is waiting for me, and I should pick her up around 4:00 today EST. I WILL have the camera with me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts