NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2003 new Beetle and I just took it in to Ancira in San Antonio for a coolant sensor problem. That was on friday. The car has been running perfectly since then. Well tonight (sunday), I went outside to start my car and for some reason the key doesnt turn, at all. The car isnt even making that little beeping noise it makes when the key is in the ignition. The car does not crank and wont even let the key turn. I dont know what else is wrong. Oh another thing when I usually lock the car it honks, but it locks but doesnt honk. What could this be? I live like 50 miles away from the dealership so do you think they will even come pick it up? Is the battery under warranty also? Please help. :confused:

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
try turning it, itf it doesmt budge, hen it's locked, and you needa hold it in the center of the little bit of motion you got to turn the key out of lock. if it isnt locked, turning it will lock the wheel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! You are amazing! I know this sounds dumb but I just bought the vw so I am not to knowledgeable about stuff like this. It worked and I dont know what I would have done without your help. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts