VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I talked with my mechanic and he toll me that he dont have a Rear Axle Bushing Remover / Installer Tool

He says if I can get the tool for him, he will not charge me anything.

Since this is my mechanic that fix all the car in my family and I have a good friendship with him, I want to buy these tool and give them to him as a gift BUT dont want to spend too mu$h:laugh:

I was looking on the net for a Bushing removal tool and only find a tool that is a installer but not removal.

Can you guys let me know what inexpensive tool can do both jobs.

THX,

Isaac

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
If he has a ball joint/U joint kit, he can use that. Removal, you don't really use a tool. You rip out the inner part that is failed (usually drilling it first), then cut a slot the sleeve with a sawzall, then chisel the shell out.

·
Registered
15,842 Posts
I have not used or purchased any; there are some tools out there and even people who have made there own, starting with threaded rod, nuts, washers etc. and going from there. Most seem to be a variation; of the same thing. Seem to be about $65+ on the cheap offshore asian stuff end of things; up to the more professional quality in the $250 and above range. Look on ebay and amazon for pricing. If you look at most diy threads: people cut out the rubber part of the bushing and use a saw to cut into whats left of the metal and/or knock it out with a cutting punch.

"Vw Mkiv Golf Jetta Rear Axle Bushing Tool": most seem to be Taiwanese or Chinese:

Sealey VS722 Rear Bush Installation Tool - VW Golf IV Audi A3

Laser - 4188 Rear Bush Installer VW/Audi

SYKES PICKAVANT 08760100 Volkswagen / Audi Rear Axle Bush Insertion Tool

KTC Tools SKU: A1364 Rear Axle Bush Pressing Mounting Tool VW Golf Bora Audi

This one below; claims to remove and install (not much info: I would confirm with the vendor that it works on new beetle:

VW, AUDI VAG Series BUSH REMOVER / INSTALLER TOOLS 4854

1 - 4 of 4 Posts