NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to price parts to replace some damaged ones. The one part that I'm not finding is the rear drivers side fender/Quarter panel. The reason I cant find it is because I don't know what its formally called. When I look up rear quarter panel its showing an actual panel of the body, not the little cover over the back wheel. See picture for example, anyone know where to find one? 2011-09-20_22-48-03_453-1.jpg

Note: While this picture was taken in the dark it is the exterior piece just above the wheel that is cracked.
Thanks for the help in advanced. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 99 GLS, I'm trying to find the part as cheaply as possible. Unfortunately if the part is what I'm finding, because I don't need the whole assembly, its more expensive than the rear bumper cover.

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
The rear quarter panel is a part of the body, seamed into the roof, below the rear window. The part you are referring to is the fender (the piece in front of the bumper, whose bolt seam runs through the taillight).

www.wagenstad.com

MORAV

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, you have helped me greatly! Happily now I have gotten my tax return and my car will soon be fixed!

·
Registered
261 Posts
I’m attempting to take the old fender off but am having trouble removing the filler neck. There’s a video on You Tube but the man says he’s really tired and apparently there’s different models. Any tips for a 2004 Beetle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts