NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Quick note: the dashboard trick only works on 98-2000 NBs. The rest of us don't have the LED in the proper spot.

Excellent writeup Antoine...I got a couple I'm gonna throw up in here as well. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Cheat said:
Quick note: the dashboard trick only works on 98-2000 NBs. The rest of us don't have the LED in the proper spot.

Excellent writeup Antoine...I got a couple I'm gonna throw up in here as well. :)
Actually Helicon Twist should get all the credit - I'm just getting them all in one place.

By all means post them up and I will move them to the How-To forums and link them to a comments thread like this.

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
Now you go over the instructions and look at your work to see if a terminal is in the wrong place or if you spliced into the wrong wire. Where did you splice? To play it completely safe, I ran the wire all the way to the rear fog and spliced there, not the bundle.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Well, i checked and rechecked my work. If anything, maybe i don't know how to splice wires. I flippin cut up my hands to doin this stupid mod. I'd hate to have to wait for the next GTG to have someone help me out with it.

If someone can give more possible fixes for this, please do so. I am really stressed by this and if i can get it to work i'd feel better. I feel as if i mixed the brownies, but forgot to bake them.

I dunno. Maybe tomorrow i'll see if my splice under the dash is still intact. The guage of wire shouldn't matter should it?? i needed 16guage, but bought 18 by mistake. And the wire connectors are just "insert wire and crimp", right?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Indicator light installation

Is there anyone that has made a copy of the howto on how to install the fog light indicator? Or does someone know if a NB from jan 2000 has this led installed?

·
Registered
12 Posts
When we did the mod to mine 3 years ago (2000 model) it was simply a matter of clicking a wire into the speedo bundle and running it to the rear of the car to the light... Disconnected the battery just to be safe though... I changed my speedo face while I was in there anyways at the same time...

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Koen said:
Is there anyone that has made a copy of the howto on how to install the fog light indicator? Or does someone know if a NB from jan 2000 has this led installed?
I'd really like to know that too... I have a factory installed rear fog but no indicator on the instrument cluster. Is it a matter of running one wire from from the fog to the instrument cluster or do I have to take the instrument cluster apart?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts