NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My rear passenger-side window rattles going over bumps.

The rear driver-side one rattles occasionally too, and I think it's headed the same way as the other window (super annoying).

There's gotta be a way to tighten them up, but the Bentley has totally ignored this repair :confused:

Anyone know something about this?

Thanks!

SMG

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
the rear quarter windows rattle? Are oyu 100% posotive it's not something under the rear panel, or the panel itself ratthing at hte top cuz it's not cliped in properly with those really pesky top clips?

i would guess you just take the window out and try to re-seal it better :confused:

Wow, the bently doesnt even say anything about the rear windows. That's weird, i guess that's something just in limbo like hte outside temp sensor.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Everything behind there is held down pretty good. have you ever taken the panels off? if so, check your work and check all hte clips, the top ledge is a PITA, and it still takes me several times to get it seated the way i like it, and i've taken my rear quaters off alot.

If you need to get at above the window, the ceter bar behind hte hatch comes off first, and i dunno after that, look up the bently.

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
It is definetly not the windows.

My plastic becomes stiffer and rattles more in the winter than in the summer. It is an excellant time to go searching for those mystery rattles.

It could be a loose speaker, a loose panal cover or even a metal clip that fell off the back of the panal.

Where the panal meets the other plastics you could try using some 3M single sided foam tape. They make a very very thin one just for these purposes. I bet that your VW dealer even stocks it.

I have used this with great success on several other cars and I fear that it is time to use it on this one too. I am starting to get mystery clunks and rattles... sigh.

Tom aka Fowvay

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a maybe similar rattle.

My noise is coming from about where the trim piece above the rear window meets the headliner.

It's an annoying clicking noise. This description is weird, but imagine you're at the hardware store and you're lifting a sheet of 4x8 panelling--maybe that melamine white stuff--off a stack of the stuff. The far edge hits the remaining stack as your piece flexes while you attempt to remove it from the pile. That's what it sounds like to me.

:confused: Seems like I could fix this myself. Where can I find instructions for removing interior trim pieces? I'm taking my NB back in Wednesday morning to give the service department a fourth shot at solving the problem.

Oh, I see my photo shows my old 2005 NB, which I traded in this spring for a 2006 NB TDI, Salsa Red. The 2005 Bi-color color concept was beautiful, but never again will I have black paint or black cloth interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts