NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter pointed out today that her passenger side front window appears to not close all the way. After a wee bit of inspection it appears that the rear windows are not raising all the way to vertical for the rubber piece to make contact with the front window. Both sides of the car have a version of the same issue.

The gap at the bottom of the space between the windows is smaller than the gap at the top. The passenger side is enough that their is an air gap.

Is this adjustable? If so, how?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I also have a 2003 NBC, and had a variation of your problem. The rear window on the driver's side decided one day that it would go halfway up and then drop back down completely. Did the same thing with the single switch and the 4-window switch. So in order to be able to lock the car, my boyfriend grabbed the window on it's way up and forcibly prevented it from going back down. SNAP! Broke the cables inside. Could then pull the window the rest of the way up, but of course was now unusable.
So from this experience I would not recommend forcing anything, but you could try putting the front windows down and then GENTLY trying to pull the rear windows into the proper position. Pull slightly forward and upward at the same time. GENTLY!
Don't know why this happened to you, but it may be the forerunner of a bigger problem.
Hope this helps..

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was watching a video on Youtube by the Bentley manual folks about replacing the regulator on the bug convertible. And in it they showed how to adjust the window so that it sits properly once its all the way up. There are 3-4 different adjustments that can be made to the window. I will adjust my daughter's later this week and post pics(DIY). Getting the panel off seems to be the chore since apparently the entire rear seat has to be removed. Oh well, its only time.;)

·
Ali's Dad
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NBC Rear Side Window Adjustment

I got the window adjusted tonight - took about 45 minutes as it was my first time. I took some pictures but in the end the following video explains everything you need to know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omc6zojyHuE

Just don't remove the regulator. To adjust the window take it all apart but leave the window and regulator in the car. There are two adjusting bolts (as seen in Pic 1). Once the inner panel is off so you can see the holes then raise the window all the way up. The rear of the bolts adjusts the vertical movement. Loosen it and GENTLY pull the window up to where you want it - then just tighten the bolt.

Test the alignment by raising both the front and the rear - the gap between should be even all the way up.

Repeat for the other side.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts