VW Beetle Forum banner

Rear Speakers Grilles- Fabric Coming Loose

821 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  K05m10 
#1 ·
Hi,
The fabric that includes the grilles for the rear speakers is coming loose in my '04 GLS convertible revealing all that dried up crap behind it. Unfortunately Coverlay doesn't make replacements like they do for the doors(which I'm happy to say I've replaced).
My upholstery shop wants between $150 and $200 per side to make the repair ( I have to call them tomorrow to get a firm price) so I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of an acceptable (and less expensive) alternative.

Thanks in advance, trshman

#2 ·
#3 ·
There are tons of pre sewn leather or vinyl covers on eBay; get some quality adhesive and you could do the work yourself, for substantially less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twice in 2 days :) Thanks for the help.......again :) I contacted one of the vendors your link took me to. I'm hoping they have something that will work on my Monsoon system which has 2 speakers on each side. If not I may try to clean up the material myself. BTW, I ordered that Peak coolant from Amazon, along with some other items. Should be here Tuesday. Thanks for your help. trshman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.