NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After upgrading my head unit. I decided to change the rear speakers in my 99 NB.
So I bought the component system infinity 6010Cs.:D

Took off the rear panels and the old speakers(I'll write a detailed how-to later).
Now I'm facing two problems:
1 - How can I find the positive wire (is there a trick or a distinctive color?)
2 - I don't know where to install the woofer. On the rear panel so I can install the included grilles too) or in its natural location (maybe less disturbing noise when the music is loud).

Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you

Sorry for my bad english, I speak french. :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
noR said:
Whatcha mean by natural location?

The grill looks okay w/the black interior pieces there. Will the speaker fit w/the oem styrofoam 'box' ?
Thanks noR for the reply.

Natural location = where the oem speaker is mounted and yeah there should be no problems with the fitting. My only concern is the "solidity". I don't want the "shaking" of the panel when the volume is high.

I saw a member of the org who did it.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Sweet lookin install pics. Those Infinity's definately look like theyre gonna sound awesome. Can those tweeters mount in the grills? I've been looking of doing components in the rear too, but i dont really know where i want to mount the tweeters.

Component sets (well not anly component sets, but all speakers) sound a billion times better with an external amp. But if the head unit you have can do over 20 watts RMS, then i don't htink you'd have a problem.

Good luck with the rest of the install, I'm definately lookin forward to doin somehting the same eventually. I never really thought of if the panel will vibrate if i mount the speaker straight to the panel.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toad said:
Sweet lookin install pics. Those Infinity's definately look like theyre gonna sound awesome. Can those tweeters mount in the grills? I've been looking of doing components in the rear too, but i dont really know where i want to mount the tweeters.
Hi Toad,
No they can't be mounted in the grille. Actually I mounted the woofers on the panels and don't know if I'll put the tweeters behind the rear headrests or in the strap's hole in the B-pillar (Maybe too close).

Toad said:
Component sets (well not anly component sets, but all speakers) sound a billion times better with an external amp. But if the head unit you have can do over 20 watts RMS, then i don't htink you'd have a problem.
Should be no problem with the power. It has a 4x50W amp.
Here is the beast :

1 - 7 of 7 Posts