NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Any type lube that was water proof and could easily be applied to any and all moving parts. Our spoilers are not noted for their quiet operation... My car being a 99 turbo gas only deploys the spoiler at 90 to 93 mph and lowers it when the speed falls below 70 or so.. At those speeds, the noise is covered up...Perhaps a heavy duty WD-40 type product would be best.. JK

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
I like hearing it. It tells me it's working, since the idiot cluster doesn't tell you if it's deployed or not. Of course, I can see how this can be irritating for 2002+ MY which deploy at 45MPH. What a silly deploy speed... almost as silly as... oh... 93MPH.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Rear spoiler deployment...

I agree with you 100 % regarding the speed at which these deploy. The first models deployed at too high a speed, and the newer versions deploy at too low a speed. Apparently this deployment speed is a ROM(read only memory) chip in the module that controls the spoiler. To my knowledge it is set in stone and cannot be changed to better suit our driving enviroment....
My model has a light that looks like a miniture version of my car with the spoiler deployed. I can also deploy mine using the under dash switch, but only for a short time only... JK

·
Bourgeoisie
309 Posts
Ah, but that is why the Tailwagger was such a wonderful little invention. Now it pops up at the right and proper speed of 60mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts