NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
New Owner: 2001 GLX Turbo
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the second owner and just got the Beetle about two weeks ago. The rear spoiler automatically deploys at speeds above 90 MPH and can be manually raised by the switch under the dash. However, the spoiler drops back in when I reach 12 MPH and I have not gotten the Bug up to 90 to see if it deploys. Is there a way to reprogram the spoiler to deploy at a lower speed? I was behind a Turbo Bug the other day and the spoiler automatically raised at about 40-45 and then went down when he stopped at a traffic light.

Is this a feature on the newer Beetles? Just wondering, thank you!

Adam
[email protected]

·
New Owner: 2001 GLX Turbo
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information, this is just what I was looking for. I have ordered the TailWagger! Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
if it deploys with the switch, it deploys at 90, trust me :D

Mine has engaged on the track a few times (it sticks, so sometimes doesn't come up), and scared the crap out of one of the guys ar Cars N Effects on dyno day when it deployed during the pull.

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
Could you tell me where you got your TailWagger? I know Mohawk Motorsports was selling them, but they closed. My spoiler is really annoying because it comes out as early as 45MPH! I think ideal speed should be around 60MPH, anything earlier and it deploys way too often.

Thanks,
Matas

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just got a reply from Jay who runs the tail-wagger site. They have them back in stock, but he just hasn't gotten around to updating the site. You can order them right now, and he'll ship out next day. I ordered mine yesterday and should be here soon!

·
Me Gusta!
718 Posts
kickson said:
Just got a reply from Jay who runs the tail-wagger site. They have them back in stock, but he just hasn't gotten around to updating the site. You can order them right now, and he'll ship out next day. I ordered mine yesterday and should be here soon!
Thanks for letting us know :) I'll probably order mine too sometime soon if nothing else comes in. How does the Tailwagger actually look like and how does it work? Anybody have pics of it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you go to the link that nor posted, and go to the support section, there is some documentation available for installation and use. Really seems simple as it's just a plug and play device that replaces the old device.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts