NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bug Lover
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all - searched and read many threads, but I have a question about the drains. The previous owner told me that this was something that needed to be done now and again so I know it has been done before. I have only owned the car for about a month. I decided today was the day to clean up the filthy sunroof area and run weed wacker line through the drains. Looks like the front went thru fine, but the rear, I can only get the line to go in about 4 inches. Do I need to remove the nipple as well? It feels as though I'm hitting body. I've tried moving the line around-not finding a hole.

Thanks for the response. I feel totally stupid even asking this question.
vicki

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you are having draining issues, you might consider removing your headliner to gain access to the sunroof assy. If you remove the rear bolts that hold it to the roof (as well as a few of the side ones, you can pull the rear down just a little. Remove the hose from the round nipple and I'd probably try some low pressure air through it. Ideally your lungs would be perfect. I'm not sure what kind of object is in there and how blocked it really is, but shop air might rupture that soft rubber tube.

Anyway, that is my suggestion. Hopefully it works for you.

Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts