NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have problems with my rear lid will not shut. I did spay wd-40 on both parts and it still wont latch. I try to move the latch catch part on the lid then i touch it to see it stay lock and it didnt. Why it won't lock the latch? I need help hates ti slam hard to get it to catch the latch to stay lock

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
worth a shot

There are two adjustment screws by the upper lid arm, 10mm I believe. Make a mark on them before you start adjusting, then move clockwise a quarter turn each, keep them the same level,keep adjusting clockwise untill you notice a difference when the lid latches. Keep track of how many complete turns you made just in case you need to come back. try that see if it helps. Good luck fellow newbeetle member.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two adjustment screws by the upper lid arm, 10mm I believe. Make a mark on them before you start adjusting, then move clockwise a quarter turn each, keep them the same level,keep adjusting clockwise untill you notice a difference when the lid latches. Keep track of how many complete turns you made just in case you need to come back. try that see if it helps. Good luck fellow newbeetle member.
Thanks I will check into that long as it dont rain on me well thats Washington state for ya lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts