NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning the interior today I noticed for the first time that the inside lining of the top has partially come out of the groove where it attaches to the perimeter of the rear window. (That was a mouthful- hope you understand what I mean)

Anyway I made a couple of futile attempts to get the areas that had come out back in with no success. Being 6'5" around 240 didn't help either.

Anyway I'd appreciate any suggestions or methods knows to you that might work. Thanks for the help.

trshman

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Here's the deal, there is a technical bulletin and some special order clips you can buy at the dealer, they are cheap, but this is really not the proper solution in my opinion.

I finally after 10 years sorted my headliner around the rear window. This solution has worked and solved the ultimate problem and I would recommend this solution for your car. Best part is the cost is $0.00!

http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-bee...round-rear-window-loose-my-repair-option.html

Also note another problem is the rear window actually coming unglued from the top, this happens between 6-11 years depending on where the car is in the country, if it stays outside all the time or is garaged, so be ready for the top to come unglued from the rear window.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jfoj, thank you for the link.
Sorry it took a few days to get back here. I've been tied up with getting the timing belt service done on the car.
Anyway I just saw your post and the link and wanted to thank you for it.
I'm aware of the problem with the window coming unglued. I did find some solutions at one of tne new beetle forums and saved it for the eventual day when that happens. I guess it's the price you have to pay for being able to put that top down :)
What's that saying; "an ounce of image is worth a pound of performance". :)
thanks again,
trshman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts