VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Bug Convertible with 1.8l turbo and MT has decided to let the rear window go a little. What would be the best adhesive to get the top stuck back to the window?? I need it sealed because we get a tiny amount of snow here in North Dakota, like the 18 inches last week, and I want to save my Bug!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
18,828 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same thing happen to my wife's 2006. I searched the internet, including this forum, and came to this conclusion: If the car is to be used as a utility mode of transportation, there are a number of solutions available. None that seemed to be permanent. Some required a high degree of skill with no assurance of success. Some solutions were just plain ugly. If you have the time and skill set necessary to "pull this off", go for it. The sooner you attack the situation, I believe, the better.

We opted to pay the $2,000 and have the top replaced.

I mean no disrespect to anyone or their vehicles. It is just a fact that, due to age, condition, or intended purpose, vehicles are maintained in different ways. If "pretty" is not paramount, function, utility, and cost determine what we do. Just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts