NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just bought a 2002 NB, the previous owner installed a cheap Sony cd unit, and removed the factory set up...

What I would like to find is a unit that will do stereo, mp3 via (DROID PHONE) functions, hands free Bluetooth, and navigation. I just don’t know what units would fit.

I am looking for options and recommendation to stop from having all the ugly 3rd parts stuff everywhere...Just one unit probably with a motorized screen

·
Banned
1,583 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Well, not any unit, the "DIN" has to match. Start at www.crutchfield.com

And I'm not sure, but the Verts had Monsoon systems by default if I'm not mistaken. I'd nave to check the Owner's Manual.

The Monsoon had 8 speakers, and if it was a Monsoon, the two additional speakers are in the top of the dash at the base of the pillars. You can't miss the grilles if it was, and it would have also had an amplifier, in the trunk, up under the rear deck on the left side. You'll need to know this (Monsoon, not amplifier) if it does have and you want to use all speakers. The Monsoon are a different Ohm speaker. Crutchfield will show you all the options for all the various manufacturers that they sell.

M.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, not any unit, the "DIN" has to match. Start at www.crutchfield.com

And I'm not sure, but the Verts had Monsoon systems by default if I'm not mistaken. I'd nave to check the Owner's Manual.

The Monsoon had 8 speakers, and if it was a Monsoon, the two additional speakers are in the top of the dash at the base of the pillars. You can't miss the grilles if it was, and it would have also had an amplifier, in the trunk, up under the rear deck on the left side. You'll need to know this (Monsoon, not amplifier) if it does have and you want to use all speakers. The Monsoon are a different Ohm speaker. Crutchfield will show you all the options for all the various manufacturers that they sell.

M.
It had the Monsoon, the amp is there and so are the front grille speakers. So at least I have that info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts