NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Which style rotors should I upgrade to?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the Red Dragon, a 2001 VW New Beetle TDI GLS. It had 103k miles when i got it. Odometer: 180K

Exterior:
-Tinted Tail lights
-TS bumper conversion
-Evolution Atlas Skid Plate
-VG Shark Fin Antenna
-Thule Roof Rack

Suspension/Brakes:
-25mm H&R rear sway bar
-Eibach Pro-System Kit (~1" lower)
-280mm drilled/slotted Rear Rotor Upgrade

Performance/Engine/Drivtrain:
-2.5" Turbo Back Exhaust
+DP by Buzzken
-Neuspeed P-Flo Intake
-Diesel Geek Race Pipe
-Malone Stage 4 Tune
-Titan 764 nozzles(.236)
-VNT-17 Turbo (10/3/12 174k Miles)
+GT1749VB
-New head
-11mm Injection Pump
-5-spd swap!!!

Interior/Audio:
-Pioneer Head Unit
-JL Audion W3v3 in Power Wedge
-Autometer Boost Gauge 35psi
-Autometer Pyrometer Gauge 0-1.6k*F
-Red painted center dash

Wheels/Tyres:
-Summer: Wheels - 18"x8;10 Porsche Twists w/ BFG Comp-2 225/40 Front & 235/40 Rear
-Winter: Wheels - 16"x6.5 Weather-Master S/T 2
-Spare Set: 16"x6.5" Steel wheels w/ Hankook Ventus v12 evo K110 and Race disc hub caps

Awards:
-2nd place at Stateline Volksfolks Vintage Picnic 2012

Future Mod List:
-20% tint all around
-26mm H&R front sway bar
-Wing of some sort
-Install JL speakers
-MK4 20th Anniversary 312mm Front Brakes
-Stainless Steel Brake Lines
-New German Performance coilovers

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so here is what i started with

I had some really bad exhaust smell, found out where the hole was, fixed it, and did my mufflerectomy.

My mini rally pipe, kinda

Home made flapper and box of new rims

After new rims, 18" Audi A8 reps

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
Nice! And, a TDI to boot! :party:

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Both are pending sale but im hopefully getting 15" Avus rims off a TDIClub member for winter tires. Also Geting a rear trunk with the auto spoiler to go on my NB TDI.

Ill try and get pics of the dual exhaust job i did also. IT LOOKS AWESOME:cool:

Anyone know about the install part of the auto spoiler?

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dual Exhaust

The Start

Y-Pipe

Driver Hanger

Passenger Hanger

Y-Pipe

Back to Front

Front to Back

Passenger Pipe

Driver Pipe

Clearance

All Done

All Done 2

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
:jawdrop:

I so envy you! I've wanted to do a dual exhaust for sooo long! Looks awesome! How does it sound? I didn't see it (but I may have overlooked it), are you straight pipe from the turbo back? (no cat?) I bet it sounds AWESOME!!!

:D

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:jawdrop:

I so envy you! I've wanted to do a dual exhaust for sooo long! Looks awesome! How does it sound? I didn't see it (but I may have overlooked it), are you straight pipe from the turbo back? (no cat?) I bet it sounds AWESOME!!!

:D
Thanks sooo much!! The sound is pretty sweet, its not louder its just coming from two sides now. Its hard to explain. Yes i have straight pipe all the way back. No cat, no muffler. I have a youtube video ill post of me rolling coal with the dual. And I envy you with the 5-spd swap, i cant wait till my auto goes out lol.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks awesome Adam! Great work. I've read over a couple threads that say it can't be done like that. :lol: Can't wait to see it in person! :cool:
Thanks Joel, Hopefully a window tint is in the future.

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Thanks sooo much!! The sound is pretty sweet, its not louder its just coming from two sides now. Its hard to explain. Yes i have straight pipe all the way back. No cat, no muffler. I have a youtube video ill post of me rolling coal with the dual. And I envy you with the 5-spd swap, i cant wait till my auto goes out lol.
LOL I couldn't wait til mine went out either. But BE PREPARED! Once it starts to fail, it fails FAST!!! Reverse is usually the first to go.. drive it hard, drive it fast, and drive it often....that's the way to own a TDI ;)

Or bring it to ToD in May. I swear, that mountain run in the skyway is what started the death of my transmission lol :cool:

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL I couldn't wait til mine went out either. But BE PREPARED! Once it starts to fail, it fails FAST!!! Reverse is usually the first to go.. drive it hard, drive it fast, and drive it often....that's the way to own a TDI ;)

Or bring it to ToD in May. I swear, that mountain run in the skyway is what started the death of my transmission lol :cool:
The Evry mod im sure is rough enough on it plus the extra ~100lbs of rim and tire. Also its starting to slip more and more. OK what is ToD, ive seen and heard it said but idk what it is.

Edit: Ohhhh Tail of the Dragon?

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 95 Posts