·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Lol no worries, smoke it up, I like to. :) I'm hoping to get a tune before ToD, if not then I'll consider the evry mod. Where did you mount your switch for it?
Here are some pic i just took that hopefully give you some ideas. I just drilled a hole in the blank switch and screwed the on/off switch in. I can make a wiring diagram also if you like. ALSO i can mail you one of the adjustable resistors i used. I got 5 for like $6 so no worries you can just have one as a Christmas present. lol

So the third image here is the two wires coming in from the little grommet hole behind your brake pedal. Then zip ties to various things that dont get hot like the subwoofer wire, ac hose ect.

This last is of the fuel harness, I used liquid electrical tape, which i highly recommend.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Neuspeed P-Flo

Here are two shots, one of my engine bay and the other of my new P-Flo. Sorry for the dirtyness of my NB it just snowed this morning and the roads are dirty.

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
That's awesome. I might do that. I've gotta take the lower kick panels off anyway to paint them, and that would be the perfect time to route some wiring. Do you notice a big increase in power when you use it? And it's fully reversible once you get a tune right? you just unplug everything?

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's awesome. I might do that. I've gotta take the lower kick panels off anyway to paint them, and that would be the perfect time to route some wiring. Do you notice a big increase in power when you use it? And it's fully reversible once you get a tune right? you just unplug everything?
HUGE increase, its almost like getting a tune but the unsafe way lol. Yes, completely reversible or u can just keep it wired in and not use it. I was going to get a tune from Aaron at Bora Parts at the last TDI Fest but couldn't(long story) so i just kept the mod. Also for a tune, im sure you have done your research, but I found Malone tuning to be the best. It came highly recommended by many plus(don't base it off by just this) their site is 100% easy and straight forward to understand.

VE TDI | Malone Tuning Ltd.

Link to what u need, I was going to do the Stage 1.5 because of my auto:(, but the stage 2 im going to do when the time comes.

·
This chick drives a stick
4,854 Posts
Yup was thinking of a Malone tune as well. Gotta get the car caught up on payments and everything else and somehow win the lottery! lol

Sounds the evry mod is my friend for a cheap tune! lol

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yup was thinking of a Malone tune as well. Gotta get the car caught up on payments and everything else and somehow win the lottery! lol

Sounds the evry mod is my friend for a cheap tune! lol
It is ill try and draw you a diagram of how I did it. Also if you want one of the resistors I used PM me ur address and ill mail it to ya.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Woot!!!!!

MY FIRST 600 MILE TANK YAYAYAYA:D

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Big Trip

So tomorrow morning at 4am is the big trip down to Bentonville, Arkansas, then Tulsa, OK. The trip will be ~1400 miles and about 20 hrs of driving. Im going down there to finally pick up 15" Avus rims and to Tulsa to see a friend. Then Monday having the a set of Blizzak WS70's put on.

I plan on going to ToD and i want to get some Neuspeed Sway Bars, but im thinking only one for the time being. Which one would be more beneficial front or rear? Also I dont what the differences are between say 25mm and 28mm.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Have a safe trip Adam! The difference between the 2 sway bars, 3mm. :rolleyes: :D I can't give you any advice on those other than the smart :moon: kind. ;) I don't have any experience with them.
LOL, thanks for doing the math for me. And i will, i have a very strong will to travel right now. People asked when i drove to Cali, why dont you just fly there. I respond with A)Thats the easy way, B)The view isnt as good for 40k feet and C)I have a 40mpg mean machine lol.

·
Techie
708 Posts
So tomorrow morning at 4am is the big trip down to Bentonville, Arkansas, then Tulsa, OK. The trip will be ~1400 miles and about 20 hrs of driving. Im going down there to finally pick up 15" Avus rims and to Tulsa to see a friend. Then Monday having the a set of Blizzak WS70's put on.

I plan on going to ToD and i want to get some Neuspeed Sway Bars, but im thinking only one for the time being. Which one would be more beneficial front or rear? Also I dont what the differences are between say 25mm and 28mm.
The 28mm would be a lot stiffer. I know in my other car I went from a 22mm in the rear to a 25mm and it made it handle like it was on rails. I loved it. But I believe these cars have way more roll in the front end so I personally would recommend upgrading the front one first. I believe if you made the rear too stiff it would come around on you in tight corners. I've done that before and I only have stock suspension with sport lowering springs. Definitely want to upgrade my sway bars soon! Good luck on your trip! :)

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
The 28mm would be a lot stiffer. I know in my other car I went from a 22mm in the rear to a 25mm and it made it handle like it was on rails. I loved it. But I believe these cars have way more roll in the front end so I personally would recommend upgrading the front one first. I believe if you made the rear too stiff it would come around on you in tight corners. I've done that before and I only have stock suspension with sport lowering springs. Definitely want to upgrade my sway bars soon! Good luck on your trip! :)
Good info thx, we'll see what happens. It may come down to which end is cheaper lol. Thanks, i cant wait.

Edit: And the front it is coming in at $320 from Neuspeed lol

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Expensive but that's the price you pay for handling! :) Very excited to hear how it improves the handling :)
Same here!!

Well the drive to NW Arkansas went well, i think i was a zombie at the end of the 20 hr drive lol. But the Avus rims were in good shape and they get new WS70 tires today after work. I very excite!!! Also whats the rule on winter tires as far as temp tp have them on at? Below 45 degrees?

21 - 40 of 95 Posts