Which style rotors should I upgrade to?

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Winter Tires

Finally have my winter tires on. They actually look really good, the Avus rims look like they could be stock for the NB. First impression of the WS70's is i feel like im floating while i drive lol. But i know that is what a winter tire is supposed to be like. I really cant wait to test them out in the snow. When i went down to Arkansas it was snowing at 4am and i couldnt even see the road. Its sometimes 2-3 day before the plows get to my streets. Here is the 4am shot. Let me know if you can see the road because i sure as hell couldn't lol.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Mud Flaps

So I bought some 12x18 mud flaps from autozone and am having trouble deciding what to put on the bottom of then with sticker vinyl. Some ideas i have had are

Example of the writing on each flap. The ";" separates them.
1.Right Flap;Left Flap

Ideas:
1.Red;Dragon
2.Get Close;Eat Soot
3.Eat My;SOOT!!!
4.VW Logo;VW Logo

Anything else you guys can think of let me know. And no Subaru comments lol. These will just be for winter.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Glad your trip went well and you got your winter tires on those very close to looking stock Avus wheels! :cool: That was some crazy driving in that snow! :eek:

I would go with 2. Get Close...Eat SOOT! :lol: :D

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Glad your trip went well and you got your winter tires on those very close to looking stock Avus wheels! :cool: That was some crazy driving in that snow! :eek:

I would go with 2. Get Close...Eat SOOT! :lol: :D
Ya it was really pretty down there, a lot of curves and fun. Ya there look like they could be on the beetle stock. I wish i could test the tires out tho, but it wont freaking snow.

I like number 2 also, but im open to all ideas.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
So i went to a GTG last night with some new car friends i made. Everyone loved my NB and the fact the it was a TDI and could blow smoke lol. There were like 30 cars ranging from subarus, civics, BMW, Saturn and i was the only VW.

Update with the dragon, I bought a 25mm H&R anti-sway bar for the rear. The place i bought it from seems like a good shop. Hopefully that's where i will do other upgrades too.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
H&R Sway Bar

Got the H&R sway bar installed last Saturday. I can only feel them a little bit because of the winter tires. I cant wait for spring now, even though winter is my favorite season. Pictures soon to come.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Glad to see you got the sway bar installed Adam! Too bad you can't tell any difference yet though.
I know right i debated whether or not to put the summer tires on while it warm and dig into the corners a bit. Pictures coming today of the sway bar. They are off my phone i was so pissed i forgot my camera.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

Some Sway Bar pics

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Dream car

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Supra HUGE Turbo

This was a Supra my tech had in his shop. It was like straight out of Fast and the Furious lol.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yaaayyyy! Another "TDI-er" lool great pictures! Keep up the awesome work! :D Your Beetle rocks and the sway bar looks super cool, can you tell the difference yet?

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Yaaayyyy! Another "TDI-er" lool great pictures! Keep up the awesome work! :D Your Beetle rocks and the sway bar looks super cool, can you tell the difference yet?
Thanks, yes and no I have my winter tires on. So I can kind of feel it until the tires roll over. But the eibach suspension should be awesome. It's going on next Saturday.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Update

Well I bought the Eibach kit and it goes on Saturday. PUMPED!!!:banana::thewave::thewave::bigthumb::clap:

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Mud Flaps

Just some pictures of my mud flaps from my new lens

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Eibcah Install

Front and Rear Before

Front Before

Rear Before

New in box

Rear Installed

Old and New Spring Comparison

Front Strut Install

Old and New Strut Comparison

Old and New Brushings

Front Strut Done

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Rotors

BUMP, Please help me decide which type of rotors to get. I set up a poll at the top.

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
41 - 60 of 95 Posts