NewBeetle.org Forums banner

Which style rotors should I upgrade to?

• Total voters
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
TDI Owner
172 Posts
Go with what I bought from here. Brakeoverstock - Products - 2001 VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE except 1.8L Gas Turbo . I got the full kit for all 4 corners. Cheap and I've been running them since Thanksgiving and am very happy with them. Only thing is they squeek a little when they've been sitting and it's damp. It goes away within a few times braking though. :D
holy poop thats cheap! but I've also learned you get what you pay for but if opel uses them I'd prly give them a whirl. I say just go with slotted unless you really plan on tracking the car...alot of people just do drilled and slotted for looks but judging by your wheel style they really won't be seen that much(More spokes or thicker spoked wheels). Slotted do tend to last a little longer it seems from my experience and they reduce the brake dust alot! slotted and drilled would last just as long but you don't really need drilled unless like I said you're tracking the car or stopping at 100mph so often that the rotor gets that extremely hot...lol They do look nice tho, especially if you show your car and had more open wheels on it. Just my thoughts. Nice beetle!

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
I've been happy. Like I said, they do squeak a little but it does go away. I do have the ceramic pads with them Adam. ;)

Billy-> I totally agree with you about the performance and looks. I haven't been able to see mine since I put them on because I put my stock winter wheels on. :lol: I did have to put one wheel on and snap a pic though. ;) Excuse the dirty wheel. :eek: :D

Attachments

·
TDI Owner
172 Posts
I've been happy. Like I said, they do squeak a little but it does go away. I do have the ceramic pads with them Adam. ;)

Billy-> I totally agree with you about the performance and looks. I haven't been able to see mine since I put them on because I put my stock winter wheels on. :lol: I did have to put one wheel on and snap a pic though. ;) Excuse the dirty wheel. :eek: :D
Clean that dirty wheel up and they'd look pretty good!...Just slap all four on and clean em up...we're prly not getting anymore snow...atleast here in MD

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Nope. I'm in winter mode. I've gotten hit with over 8" of snow 2 Fridays ago and another 4" last friday. I'll keep them in my basement dirty for now. :cool: I live in Chicago and right now we're in the mid 60's, but it could snow tonight! :p I better post a pic with RedDragon. :eek: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
How about Slotted and Dimpled? EBC sport rotors are Excellent quality and the only one I would trust in a slotted/dimpled rotor ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I looked at the link for the brake pads I couldn't help but notice that they are Callahan brakes....does Tommy Boy know they are selling his products?:D

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Havent Done anything for awhile. The next two things im going to try and do are bigger injector nozzles(.205) that come on the euro 110hp TDIs. That should give me ~30hp/40tq over the stock ~90hp/155tq. I would love to get a dyno after. Im gonna guess with the current mods to the exhaust and intake ill be @ ~125hp/195tq.

Then going through the car wash the other day my grill fell off so its time for a new bumper and grill, then im thinking of repainting the whole car.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I really like your Audi wheels...I'm looking to upgrade to a set of those myself...
Any recommendations on where to find a set? What's a good price? I've seen $488 plus shipping, $625 plus shipping, and $599 with shipping included on eBay.
Im really sorry i didnt see this till today, but i guess we are chating about it now haha.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
New wheels

Been very busy so havent posted for awhile. The newest addition ive made is getting 911 Porsche twists, they are 18x8;10. I got PS2 tires for them 225/40 in the front and 235/40 in the rear which has a good stretch to it. ENJOY!!! I know I am.

THE BIG 10"

STARTING THE STRETCH

AIRING IT UP

POPPING THE BEAD/SIDEWALL

SOON TO BE....

235/40 ON A 18X10 WHEEL

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
New wheel pictures

:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool::cool::):):)

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Just ordered my VW TDI Garrett VNT17 GT1749VB Turbocharger! F**k Yeah!!!

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #75

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Havent posted in awhile, just been busy and the dragon has been in the shop. Had a Trans flush and filter done and a TB job but the shop doesnt really know what they are doing. Long story why its there in the first place...But anyway enjoy the greenness haha

Flo Green Winter Wheels by Red DragonTDI, on Flickr

·
Everett Street in May
3,204 Posts
Wow, those are green. Won't miss you during a snowy day... ;)

How's the new turbo set-up working? Happy with the Garrett GT17?

Really have done a marvelous job with your '01, keep the pic's coming.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Wow, those are green. Won't miss you during a snowy day... ;)

How's the new turbo set-up working? Happy with the Garrett GT17?

Really have done a marvelous job with your '01, keep the pic's coming.
haha ya when i put the the black primer on my said it looked good and i did say anything. Then when he saw them flo green he just goes really?

LOVE the 17, i hit myself for not going all the way and getting the vnt17/22(if your familiar with TDI turbos). So far im just running the 17 with a Malone 1.5 tune, spiking at 22psi and settling at 20psi. When i get my car back i have new titan 764(.236) nozzles to install pop/balance which will flow very nicely. But the best part is how loud the spool is with my neuspeed cia.

Thanks for the kind words. I have been doing a lot of brainstorming for my next addition which involves custom LED lights and that's all im saying haha.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts