TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #81

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Coming back

Well the red dragon is coming back hopefully this week after a long vacation at three different shops. It's got a rebuilt head, new IP, new starter and oil pan.

First things first tho when I get it back is to install my EGT probe with an Auto Meter 0-1600*F gauge, then the get the Titan 764 nozzles installed and finally take my Turbo S bumpers painted red and put them on!! I'm still debating on whether or not to do a new exhaust setup. I don't know if the back up lights will match up for my exhaust.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #85

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
I've been looking at the ST Performance Coilover Kit for quite a while now... I've heard pretty good things about them. volkswagenb407 has them on his car, I think it looks pretty dang good.
Thanks Ill do some research on them.

I'm running these --> Rokkor Tuning | VW Coilovers | VW Suspension | Rokkor Tuning

Check in on the suspension database thread. I've got some pics there
Ya i was actually look through it last night, i just glanced at the pics but ill do some reading tonight.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Biggest mod yet!!

The time has finally come my friends, on May 22nd I'm headed to Madison for the last time with an automatic transmission. Yep the 5spd swap is finally happening! :D:D

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well as most of you may know but for those who don't, the 5 spd swap happened and it is wonderful! It couldn't have happened at a better time either, on the way up there 45 minutes of a 2:30 trip was spent stuck in third gear haha 3000 rpms at 60 mph then I went over some R&R tracks and it shifted.....I'm glad that's over with! Pictures to come I have none of the actually swap because I didn't want to bother the guru.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
got to love a stick car. I love them so much I put a 5spd I a 98 crown Vic I owned a few years back :D
Oh yes, if I can help it ill never own an auto again.

·
TDIer
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well, its been to long since ive been on the org. Lots been happening in my life to keep me away. I have a girlfriend for 9 months, we are in the works of getting a house together, new job that much better for long term career and I have a slow going camper project. Building a camper from an old 6'x4' box trailer.

Red Dragon is doing fine, i really need to give its interior some tlc, headliner is falling down, a few rust spot in the front, gray interior pieces are nasty dirty from wear, but at least the mechanical part are sound.

I'll try and get some recent pics up soon.

Peace out NB lovers!

81 - 95 of 95 Posts