NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Only picked this car up last week (2002 1.8t 5speed). Overall condition is excellent, it has been well looked after and it goes like a rocket. First drive at night and I noticed the LED on the door lock stays on all the time, whether the car is locked or unlocked, parked or moving. It doesn't seem to matter if I lock it with the keys or either one of the remotes. When the door locks actuate it seems unusually loud compared to other VWs I've owned.

I can also make the windows (but not the sunroof) open and close with the keys but not with the remotes. And the alarm doesn't seem to be working although the light is on in the pillar.

Is there some sort of reset back to factory settings, or something obvious to check? I bought the car as a 'get to work' horse and a bit of a hobby. I'm an old bloke with average skills and happy to tinker. Appreciate any advice/thoughts. Thanks! Greg.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Likley you have a bad door latch??

Search the forum here and on Google and you will find PLENTY on VW door latch problems.

Likely the puddle lamp does not work on the same door either?

Windows will not work with the keyfob as a factory option that I am aware of. You may be able to configure this with VCDS??

You may want to read this link as well - http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...d-scan-tools-software-options.html#post837491

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Likley you have a bad door latch??

Search the forum here and on Google and you will find PLENTY on VW door latch problems.

Likely the puddle lamp does not work on the same door either?

Windows will not work with the keyfob as a factory option that I am aware of. You may be able to configure this with VCDS??

You may want to read this link as well - http://newbeetle.org/forums/questio...d-scan-tools-software-options.html#post837491
Thanks for all that. Now you mention it, the puddle light in the drivers door does seem to have a mind of its own as well! Never noticed it before but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've found a place on ebay that has a RHD door latch. I'll grab one and a bentley and a scanner. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts