NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2002 New Beetle last winter from the local VW dealership - it was an authoried VW preowned ... I also paid extra for a maintenance package. Basically, I dont have to pay for any oil changes as long as I take it to the dealer for the oil change.
Since this my first car, I was very concerned about making sure I kept up on the scheduled maintenance. After 3 months i contacted the dealership to set up an oil change, they asked for the milage (I had only put about 1500 miles up to that point) I was told that I didnt need to the oil change because of the low milage. So I put the oil change off until I actually hit 3000 miles. When I called the dealership to set up the appt, I was told that VW beetles done require an oil change every 3000 miles, only every 6000 miles.

Is this true?

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
The Bentley manual I have (which is based on the VW shop manual) says oil change every 10,000 miles. Not sure the months though. This is using the VW longer duty oil filter.

Personally, I change the oil every 3,000 miles - which typically works out to be about 4 months.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I have 2.0 and i get 5000 miles between changes on regular motor oil. I may have to add a quart on the last thousand, but nothing big. 3000 is for regular cars. Beetles are special. We may not have the biggest shifter, but we have all the right curves to go all through the night.

·
Premium Member
2,714 Posts
VW says change the 2.0L/TDI oil every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first. 1.8Ts get 5,000 or 6 months, I believe.

-Des

1 - 6 of 6 Posts